One Good Thing

-SCARLETT'S POV-

It had been a few weeks since I broke down in the dining tent with Jensen and Jared sitting at the next table over. Season 11 was in full swing, with the first three episodes already aired and filming for the rest of the season going really well. Jensen and I still hadn't talked about our on-screen kiss or much else for that matter and I could tell it was driving Misha and Jared insane. Tom was also annoyed with the both of us and would either hang up or stop responding to my texts if I brought anything Jensen related up to him.

My first convention circuit was coming up and I was getting kind of excited. Despite the fact that I'd been watching the show since the pilot aired in 2005, I had never actually gotten to go to any of the conventions over the years. It was kind of surreal that my first one would be as part of the cast instead of in the audience as just another fan. Our first stop on the circuit was in LA which made it even more special for me, since it was my home town. When I told Tom, he made me swear to get him tickets so he could come see me.

When the day of the convention finally arrived, I felt like a kid in a candy store when I walked into the hall where the main panels would be taking place. Posters and other paraphernalia adorned the walls and stage. There was an area sectioned off that served as the Green Room where we would be able to hang out and chill in between stuff. 

"You're bouncing again," Jared rolled his eyes next to me.

"I've never been to a convention before. This doesn't feel real," I grinned back at him.

Jared rolled his eyes again as we followed one of the workers through the hall to the hotel we'd be staying in for the next few days.

"Stephanie has your room assignments and will help you get situated," the worker, who's nametag said his name was 'Theo', gestured to a woman with a clipboard. "Please let us know if you need anything at all."

"Thanks," Misha told him as we made our way over to Stephanie.

Fifteen minutes later, I plopped down on one of the beds in the room I would be sharing with Kim once she arrived. Not everyone had gotten in yet, and the fans would be coming in tomorrow to get checked in. They had put all the cast and crew members on the top floor so we wouldn't have to deal with fans trying to sneak into our rooms. A knock sounded at my door and I groaned as I went to answer it.

"Scarlett," Rich greeted me when I'd opened the door.

"Hey, Rich. Wanna come in?"

"Yeah, sure," he nodded, slipping inside the room.

I closed the door behind him, turning to face him once it clicked shut.

"What's up?"

"I wanted to talk to you about Jensen," he began.

I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose with my thumb and pointer. Since Misha, Jared and Tom had gotten annoyed and stopped wanting to deal with the drama between Jensen and I, other random cast members tended to pop in to talk at the most random times.

"What about him?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"Well, I noticed you two are supposed to do a panel together and I wanted to see how you were feeling."

"Oh. My. God. You've got to be kidding me right now."

"Scarlett, you've got to understand, we just-"

"No, you've got to understand this: Jensen and I are fine. We can handle being on one stupid panel together. I get that everyone's sick and tired of whatever it is that's going on between us, but believe me when I say no one is as sick and tired of it as us."

"So why haven't you done anything about it?"

Rich furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he stared at me. Honestly, I didn't have a good response to the question. Jensen and I had had a few minor conversations since the day we filmed the kissing scene, but neither of us had broached the subject of the actual kiss and so things had just remained super awkward between us.

"I don't fucking know!"

I sat down on the edge of the bed with a huff.

"This is all so new to me," I sighed. "I've never really been in a serious relationship before, especially when it comes to my coworkers. And after what happened the last time I was on a show, I guess I just don't want to risk jeopardizing my job again."

"What happened the last time you were on a show?" Rich inquired, coming over to sit next to me.

"To make a long story short, I was fired because of a rumor one of my coworkers spread about me because I refused to sleep with him."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he was this total player, and I was just some minor supporting character that hadn't been around for very long and he thought that I'd be an easy lay. After that, I refused to take any auditions my agent threw my way for a while. Supernatural is my first job in over a year."

"I'm sorry, Scarlett," Rich apologized. "That must have been really rough to go through."

"Yeah, well, it totally screwed a lot of things up for me in my life after that, that's for sure. I think part of me is scared to pursue Jensen because I don't want it to end up like it did back then. I don't want to screw up the one good thing that's happened to me in over a year, you know?"

"Have you told Jensen any of this?"

"No, I haven't. The extent of our conversations lately has been apologies for nearly running into each other and telling each other good job after shooting a scene."

"You need to tell him, Scarlett. I'm sure if he knew, he'd be really understanding about it."

"But what if I tell him and everything goes to hell? I can't ruin the one healthy work friendship I've had since I met Tom."

"He deserves to know, Scar. Now, I've got to go make sure things are looking good for the convention to start, but I'll see you around, okay?"

"Yeah, okay. Thanks, Rich."

He left the room, shutting the door with a soft click and I laid back on the bed with my legs hanging off the edge, staring up at the ceiling as I thought about our conversation.