Audition

-SCARLETT'S POV-

My agent's ringtone sounded from the phone laying on the kitchen counter as I was pulling a homemade apple pie from the oven.

"Scarlett speaking," I answered.

"Alright, don't get mad at me, but I think I found you an audition, and I really think you'll want to take this one."

I rolled my eyes, biting my tongue to keep the groan from escaping my lips. I had been fired from my last show after one of my coworkers spread a rumor that I wouldn't have even been on the show as long as I had if I hadn't been sleeping around with the producers. It wasn't true, of course, but with the risk of the rumors getting leaked to the papers and tarnishing their good name, they had no choice but to let me go. Ever since then, I had turned down every audition my agent had thrown my way.

"You have two minutes to sell it or I'm hanging up," I threatened.

"It's for a long-running sci-fi television show and they're looking for someone to play the love interest for one of the main characters. I already have the script, you just have to say the word and I'll send it your way."

"We've been over this, Melissa. I'm not interested."

"I think you will be interested in this one, Scarlett," Melissa insisted. "The show is about two brothers who travel across the country killing the supernatural."

My heart dropped in my chest as I realized exactly which show my agent had found an audition for.

"Send me the script."

"Wait, you actually-"

"Send me the script before I change my mind," I interrupted, hanging up the phone before she had a chance to respond.

I let out a shaky breath, leaning back against the counter as I threw my phone back down. Supernatural was an all-time favorite show of mine. In the weeks following my getting fired, my only comforts came in the form of Ben and Jerry's and the two Winchester brothers as they traversed the country in their precious Impala episode after episode. I had been a total Dean's girl from the moment I saw Jensen Ackles in the pilot. I definitely had a soft-spot for Castiel given he was the other half of Destiel, and no matter what anyone said the subtext for that spoke for itself, but I definitely held Dean up on a pedestal above the rest.

Sam, I'm sorry to say, didn't even make my top ten list of favorite characters. The finale for season 10 had aired a few months ago, and it made me super anxious for my Dean-y Pie. He had killed Death, gotten rid of the Mark, and now they had to deal with a whole new Big Bad. It seemed almost surreal to consider the possibility that I might be joining my favorite actors on my favorite show.

I was interrupted from my reverie by the sound of a knock at my front door. Making my way in that direction, I opened it to come face to chest with my best friend in the entire universe. Looking up, I matched his wide smile.

"Tom!"

"Hey, Scar! Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure," I nodded, stepping aside to let him in. "I just pulled an apple pie from the oven. Want some?"

"You know I can never say no to your famous apple pie," Tom teased me.

Tom Welling and I had both starred in Cheaper by the Dozen together. I was only an extra, but he had noticed me on set one day and decided to make small talk. Ever since, we've been good friends, encouraging each other in everything we decided to pursue. He had come over many times during my Dark Period to watch Supernatural and binge on Ben and Jerry's with me.

"You'll never guess what my agent just called to tell me," I said, slicing the apple pie and putting the pieces on two plates.

"She's still trying to get you to audition for something? Hasn't she gotten the message by now?"

"You'd think, wouldn't you," I chuckled.

Tom laughed as well, taking one of the plates and digging in hungrily.

"So what's the audition for this time?" he asked around a mouthful of the desert.

"Supernatural," I responded casually, taking a bite of my own piece.

Tom choked on his bite of pie, having to beat on his chest to help it go down his throat better. I just continued to eat my slice of the pastry, smirking at him as he stared at me with wide eyes.

"W-what did you say?"

I shrugged, setting my fork down.

"I told her to send me the script, but I didn't let her say anything else about it to me."

"You're actually going to do it?"

"I don't know," I shrugged again. "I'm thinking about it."

My best friend couldn't contain his excitement for me.

"Man, this means you'll be working with my boy Jensen. You've got to tell him hi for me. We haven't talked in forever."

My heart thudded in my chest as I thought about the implications of the statement. I had almost forgotten Tom and Jensen had worked together on Smallville. Of course, I couldn't completely forget given that ever since he found out I was on Team Dean, Tom would tease me mercilessly about being able to hook me up with his former co-star. I had always pushed him away, blushing furiously as I turned him down, but with this audition I would finally get that chance.

"Slow down," I whined. "I don't even know if I'm auditioning yet, let alone working with Jensen Ackles."

"Well, what's the part for?" Tom pressed, curious.

"A love interest for one of the main characters," I mumbled.

"Love interest? Scar, do you know what that means?"

"Yes, Tom, I know what that means."

"You could be MAKING OUT with Jensen!"

"Shut up, I don't even know who I'd be the love interest for. I might not be making out with him."

"Who else would you be a love interest for, Scarlett?"

"Oh, I don't know. Sam, maybe?"

"Would you really take the audition if it was a love interest for Sam, though?"

"I don't know. Maybe," I went back to eating my pie.

"Girl, don't lie to me. You don't want anything to do with Sam Winchester. His hair gives you the creeps."

"Shut up. I might not like men with long hair, but even if it was for Sam, that would still give me the opportunity to star in one of my favorite shows on the planet."

Tom grinned at me, stabbing his fork into the slice of pie on his plate.

"Well, I guess we'll find out when you get that script, now won't we?"

"You're insane if you think I'm letting you see."

"Scarlett Nicole, you're insane if you think you can stop me."