Private Conversation

AN: I forgot to publish this yesterday, so you guys get it now. The next one will be up in a few hours.

-JENSEN'S POV-

It was the end of the week, and I was still no closer to figuring Pearce out than I was on her first day. The only difference, was that I had learned she had told her first name to basically all the rest of the cast and crew, and made every single one of them swear not to tell me. The only name I heard out of anyone's mouth when referring to her was Pearce, and I was getting sick and tired of it. I didn't want to keep referring to her by her last name. I had to come up with something to call her to even the playing field considering she was still calling me Douchebag.

It was while I was walking out to my car after filming for the last time that week, when I finally got it. Pearce was laying on the hood of her car, eyes closed with her phone on her chest. As I got closer, careful to stay silent as to not alert her to my presence, I made out Tom's voice coming through the speaker on her phone.

"I mean it, Scarlett. When is this little feud between you two going to end?"

"No. I've come too far to back down now," she insisted, eyes still closed.

"Have you even tried to let him get to know you?"

"Why would I, Tom? What chance do I even have with him? He was married to her for five years before the divorce. That's not the kind of history you can just ignore. Especially since they have a freaking kid together."

I swallowed, suddenly wishing I hadn't chosen to listen in on the private conversation.

"Look, I'm not saying you get with the guy, just let him get to know you at the very least. They cast you to play his on-screen lover, for fuck's sake. It wouldn't hurt to at least be friendly with him."

"I'm sorry, have you heard my nickname for him?" she scoffed. "I started something at that audition, and I can't go throwing that out the window now."

"Yeah, you want to explain that one to me? Because last I checked you were terrified at the notion of being in the same room as Jensen, and now it's turned into... whatever the hell it's turned into," Tom said.

"It was those stupid glasses. My stupid brain immediately thought of that stupid Dean quote from season 9 when I saw him wearing those stupid glasses and then my stupid self couldn't keep my stupid mouth shut and I said the stupid quote out loud and ever since then I've been calling him that stupid nickname to his face. I don't even call him that when I'm talking about him with Jared and Misha. I call him Jensen, but the second I see his stupid face all that comes out is that stupid nickname."

"Hey, Scar?"

"What?"

"That was a lot of stupid," Tom joked.

"It's not funny!"

"Come on, it was a little funny," Tom insisted. "I don't think I've ever heard you use the word stupid that much in a sentence before."

"I called you so you could give me advice, not so that you could make fun of me," Scarlett shot back.

"But you make it so easy."

"Thomas Joseph Welling."

"Okay, okay... I don't know what to tell you, Scarlett. I've barely talked to the guy in years. You probably know more about him than I do by now on the simple fact that you actually get to see and talk to him on a daily basis and anything I've heard about him is through the grapevine."

Scarlett groaned, sitting up and pulling her knees up to her chest, balancing her phone on top of them. Luckily, I was hanging back far enough that she still hadn't noticed me. She wrapped her arms around her legs as she continued the conversation.

"What about your apple pie?"

"What about my apple pie?"

"Well, have you considered making it for him? A sort of peace offering?"

"Are you insane?"

"Scarlett, darling, we went over this when your agent first called you about the audition. I'm not the insane one, you are."

"Okay, but how am I supposed to explain that to him? 'Hey, I feel bad about constantly calling you a douchebag. I actually have a major crush on you, and I made you this pie as a peace offering.'"

"He wouldn't be able to say no to you, Scar. You're apple pie is heaven on earth. I miss it so much. Maybe more than I miss you."

"You're walking a thin line there, mister," Scarlett threatened.

"Yeah, yeah," Tom dismissed her. "The point is, it doesn't matter what you say when you present the pie, as long as you give it to him. It'll fix everything, I guarantee it."

I could taste the tangy metallic undertones in my blood from biting down on my lip so hard to remain silent. It occurred to me that assuming I didn't get caught by the time she hung up, I couldn't refer to her by her first name, but if she actually followed through and made me a pie, that could be my new nickname for her. Part of me liked the possibility of calling her Apple Pie, or even just Apple in response to her nickname for me. However, that was all contingent on a lot of factors that might not occur following the private conversation I was still listening in to.

"I don't even recognize the girl who comes out when I talk to him, Tom. That confident, spunky girl who's been calling him Douchebag all week? That's not me. Even with Jared and Misha, I'm a lot more confident than I should be, and I think it's because that girl bleeds into my relationship with them. But I feel like if I take her away now and apologize, all I'm left with is the terrified girl who refused to take an audition for nearly a year and curled up on the couch with Ben and Jerry's to watch episodes of Supernatural."

"Hey, listen to me," Tom's voice came through the phone, stern. "That confident, spunky girl you've been all week? That's the same girl I met on set that day when I decided to talk to an extra instead of hanging out with the other main actors. This experience has been so good for you already, Scarlett, because it's allowed you to be yourself again, instead of the girl that's been moping around her apartment for nearly a year. Now, if you don't make an effort to get closer to Jensen, I'm going to get on the first flight to Canada I can find and come kick your ass for chickening out, do you understand me?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I understand," Scarlett nodded even though Tom couldn't see it.

"Alrighty then. I've got to go, but you call me any time you need to talk, okay?"

"Okie dokie. Bye, Tom."

"Good bye, Scarlett."

Some Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें