Backseat Confessions

AN: I'm increasing updates to daily instead of every other day. Enjoy!

-SCARLETT'S POV-

I insisted on going with Jared to pick Jensen up from the airport. Jay had called me the day after our late night phone call and told me he'd be flying in sooner than he thought because Danneel came back early. I wasn't sure, but from his tone of voice when he brought her up, I assumed something big had happened between them and not in a good way. I stood next to Jared, the boys' body guard Cliff a few steps back.

I liked Cliff the first time I met him. He was a nice guy to talk to, and he never felt like he was over bearing when he escorted us anywhere. Like right now, he was close enough that he could jump in and help if need be, but far away enough that it still felt like Jared and I were just waiting on a friend like normal.

"Scarlett, calm down," Jared told me.

"I am calm," I insisted.

"At least stop moving so much."

I stuck my tongue out at him, continuing to bounce up and down on the balls of my feet. I knew it was a childish response, but I didn't really care. Every since we arrived, I hadn't stopped my constant movement while we waited for Jensen's plane to land. I was just super nervous, and I didn't even have a good reason for it. I could hear Cliff laughing behind us and grinned back at him, earning a smile in return.

"You're such a child," Jared rolled his eyes. "It's just Jensen."

I immediately stopped bouncing and stared at him, dumbfounded.

"Just Jensen?! Are you insane?!"

"It's Jared, of course he's insane."

I spun around at the voice, coming face to chest with the man we'd been waiting for. I raised my gaze higher until I locked onto the familiar honey-emerald eyes I loved so much. He had shaved recently, with just a light dusting of stubble starting to show along his jaw and his lips were tugged upward at the corners in a cocky smile as he looked down at me.

"Hello, Lightweight."

"Hi, Douchebag," I grinned. "How was your flight?"

"Decent. Shall we get going?"

We walked side by side down to the baggage claim to get his suitcase, Jared trailing along a step behind us with Cliff a step behind him. As we went, I prattled on about some nonsense while Jensen listened intently. I noticed the bags under his eyes had become more pronounced while he was gone and while he kept smiling at me the entire time, it never really reached his eyes. It made me wonder what exactly had happened when Danneel came back early, but I didn't want to pry, especially after he had just been on a long flight.

As soon as we had the suitcase, we headed out to the car, Jared sitting up front with Cliff with Jensen and I in the back.

"So, you ready to jump back into things?" I teased.

"Yeah, it'll be nice to be back," he nodded.

"That's good..."

"What're you thinking about, Lightweight?"

"Hm? Nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Come on, penny for your thoughts."

"My thoughts are worth at least fifty cents."

"Oh really?"

"Actually, no, my thoughts are priceless and you can't afford them."

My words had the intended effect, as Jensen's smile actually reached his eyes this time, making them sparkle. I caught Jared's eye as he glanced back at us briefly, laughing to himself. Even Cliff's shoulders were shaking slightly, though he was doing better at hiding it.

"You really won't give me anything?"

"Nope."

"Please?"

"Drop it, Douchebag."

Jensen stuck his lip out in a fake pout, and I nearly gave in then and there. However, seeing the twinkle in his eye made me determined to stand my ground. Turning my head, I glued my gaze out the window, watching the scenery and other cars zipping by as we got closer to set. I was vaguely aware of Jensen unbuckling and sliding across the seat before putting his buckle back on so we were sitting with our legs brushing against each other instead of having a seat in between us as a buffer.

We drove in silence for a while longer, every bump and turn reminding me how close Jensen was to me. When we reached the set, Cliff parked the car and he and Jared climbed out. Before I could follow, however, Jensen reached over and locked my door.

"What are you doing?"

"So she does speak," Jensen joked, smirking.

"What's going on, Jay?"

Jensen raised an eyebrow at me and I realized my slip up.

"You never told me how you were holding up while I was gone."

"Technically, I did. I believe the half cup of alcohol I drank made me mention that Jared and Misha told me I was in a very bad mood before that first phone call."

"Well, that's just what Jared and Misha said. I want to know in your own words how you were holding up without me."

"I was fine, Jensen. Can we get out of the car now?"

"I don't believe you."

"Why not?"

"Well, for one, because you just called me Jensen instead of Douchebag," he pointed out.

"Damnit," I muttered.

"What's going on with you?"

"Don't worry about it, Douchebag. I'd like to get out now, if you don't mind."

"No, you don't get to do that. You can't go back to using that nickname after calling me Jensen and think I'm going to let this go. Tell me what's going on with you."

"What's going on with me?" I repeated. "You want to know what I'm going through, why don't you explain the bags under your eyes and your bad mood when you got off that plane?"

"My bad mood? I wasn't in a bad mood when I got off that plane, Scarlett Nicole."

"What did you just call me?"

I saw him freeze up as he replayed his words in his head.

"S-Scarlett Nicole?"

"I don't remember telling you my name."

"No, you wouldn't because you had drank two and a half Manhattans at the time and that night is a blur for you."

It was my turn to freeze up, staring back at the man beside me with wide eyes.

"You said I didn't say anything incriminating."

"You didn't."

"Jensen, if I told you my name and you didn't tell me, how do I know you're not telling me about something else totally embarrassing I said to you that night?"

"Fine, you want to know what else you told me that night? You went on and on about how hard it is because you have had a crush on me since you saw me in the pilot, but that you think you have no chance because of my history with Danneel. You listed all these things about me like how I have impossibly green eyes that turn the color of whiskey in a certain light and how I have these full, kissable lips and then you flipped it and started talking crap about yourself because you thought I wouldn't give you the time of day!"