Idiots

-JENSEN'S POV-

Scarlett and I sat on the edge of one of the beds in the fake hotel room, Jared sitting in a chair across from us. We were explaining to him about the Darkness, and when we got to the lines where Jared questioned why she let me go, Scarlett's cheeks turned a lovely shade that matched her name. Even though Sam didn't know, Jared had gotten the quick rundown from me about the kiss we had shared in our last scene. When Jared looked from me to Scarlett, the red in her cheeks deepened even more and she even squirmed a little in her seat.

When Jared pressed for more information, I pretended like I didn't know what to say, opening and closing my mouth dumbly before Scarlett came to the rescue with her next line.

"Something interfered with the connection," she said, drawing Jared's attention away from me. "We aren't sure what, but that's what Dean told me."

I smiled at her behind Jared's back and would have winked as well if Jared hadn't turned his gaze back on me.

"Is that true?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "Yeah, that's true. It was weird. One second she was talking about how the Mark linked us and the next I was on the street behind Williams."

We were all silent as Jared absorbed the information. I took the time to observe Scarlett while we waited for Jared to deliver his next line. Her cheeks were still red, though not as enflamed as they had been moments ago. Her hazel eyes were sparkling in the lights and her lips were just the tiniest bit more swollen than they were normally. I smirked to myself, knowing that it was all my fault she was in such a state.

"Alright, so what's our next move?" Jared asked.

"Cut!" Phil yelled a moment later.

Again, it was like a spell had been lifted and Scarlett jumped up, putting as much distance as she could between her and myself. Part of me wondered if she had sensed how I felt kissing her, and that was why she was avoiding me now that it was over. She was still mad about me lying to her and then we were forced to shoot a kissing scene. I should have known she would react in such a way, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt. All I wanted was to finish up so I could take her aside and kiss her again without the prying eyes of the crew and cameras.

We ran the scene a few more times before the director was totally satisfied and dismissed us for our lunch break. The second Scarlett heard we were dismissed, she rushed out without giving me a chance to approach her. Sighing, I just walked along with Jared until we reached the dining tent.

"I don't know what to do, Misha!"

I raised an eyebrow as my gaze fell on one of my best friends and the girl he was talking to. I was surprised she was talking to Misha and not Tom, but then again, Tom didn't know me as well as Misha did when I thought about it.

"You could just talk to him, Scarlett."

"No. No I can't. Not after I blew up in front of him earlier."

I started to walk toward them, but Jared grabbed onto my arm and held me back. When I looked over at him, he shook his head, putting a finger to his lips and pulling me back toward the buffet style line.

"Well, isn't the whole point of this because he didn't talk to you sooner?" Misha pressed.

"Ugh," Scarlett groaned, laying her head down in her arms on the table.

Misha glanced over at the line then, locking eyes with me briefly before turning back to her.

"Talk to him, Scarlett. That's the best advice I have for you right now."

He stood up from his spot and left the tent. I turned my back to Scarlett, gathering my food in silence.

"What do I do?" I hissed at Jared.

"Ignore her. She doesn't need you confronting her right now. Come on."

We took our plates over to a different table than the one Scarlett was seated at. Her face was still hidden from view and as I studied her closer, I thought I could make out a slight tremor shaking her shoulders.

"She's crying," I realized, voice low so only Jared could hear.

"Ignore her, Jay," Jared told me again, digging into his lunch.

I tried. I really did. But my gaze kept wandering back to her every few seconds, watching her have a mental breakdown for the second time since she started. It seemed like an eternity passed before she finally stood up and left the tent, but in reality it couldn't have been more than ten minutes max. The phrase, "hate to watch her leave, but love to watch her go" flashed across my mind as I watched her disappear from view.

"Okay, seriously, what the hell is the right thing to do in this situation?"

"You're both idiots," Jared replied, finishing off the last of his food.

"Excuse me?"

"Well, you obviously both want to do something to fix whatever the hell it is that's going on between you two, but neither of you want to make the first move. Idiots."

"And no one is being helpful at all," I grumbled.

Tom, Misha, Jared... Scarlett and I had both consulted all three of them at some point for advice as far as I was aware, and still we were doing this awkward dance around each other. If the little we had overheard of the conversation between her and Misha was anything to go by, she was no longer mad at me.

"Maybe if one of you would suck it up and make a damn move, you wouldn't have to worry about whether or not other people were being helpful or not. Like I said, you're both idiots."