"What are you doing this?" Nikki asked in a desperate attempt to save Val from Sofía's rage, or to stop me from telling Sofía everything.

I shook my head and went to stand in front of all of them, pure anger flowing thought my veins as soon as I remembered what Sofía told Monty, as soon as I remembered how they've done nothing but treated me like trash.

"I'm doing this because Sofía made very clear that to her, I'm the worst person in the universe, and that everyone should stay away from me...so why am I even protecting her? Why am I even protecting you two?" I hissed.

Sofía was looking at me intensely, I could see that she was curious about my last statement, and that maybe she hasn't realized that I was talking about Monty and what she said to her. However, I knew she was more curious about the secrets I was going to unwrap next about our previous relationship, so she didn't stop me to ask what I meant.

"Kate..." Val pleaded.

"What?" I shouted. "Afraid?" I asked, and in her eyes, I could see that she was afraid.

"Talk now Kate" Sofía demanded sternly.

I would have never imagined that I would be in this position, I would have never imagined I'd be finally telling Sofía the truth about us. And I would have never imagined that I would be telling her the truth this way...raw and harsh.

"Remember the night everything started? The night you had a date...I was acting weird...and then...you thought I was jealous...and confessed your feelings for me?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end. The truth is that...I want to tell the truth, but a tiny part of me wants to keep protecting Sofía from it.

Sofía only nodded, and Nikki and Val were looking at each other as expecting a hit to come at any moment. "When I interrupted your date, it wasn't because I was jealous, and it wasn't because I was in love with you...it was because Nikki and Val asked me to" I said letting out a breath I knew I've been holding for years. And the three faces in front of me twitched in pain, each one in different kind.

"Continue" Sofía said slowly and deadly, turning her pain into anger.

"When you confessed your feelings for me...I...I didn't reciprocated them...I loved you, but as a friend...I wasn't in love with you" I said, my chest feeling heavier at every spoken secret, but smaller at the same time. "And I told Nikki and Val about it...but instead of supporting me, they convinced you I was in love with you, and then they convinced me of giving you chance, they said that I could love you...but then they left me" I said, the anger I've felt all these years suddenly becoming sadness, because I knew I wasn't really mad at them for what they did...I was hurt, and I hate the fact that I missed them so much.

Nikki and Val looked defeated, which made me think that they knew that what they did all those years ago was wrong.

"So, you never loved me?" Sofía asked bitterly. "Is that your pathetic excuse for cheating on me?" she yelled, making Val flinch at her sudden outburst of anger.

"No no, don't get me wrong...I did love you, but to you, you were the only thing that mattered, your feelings were the important ones and mine never were... you shut me out when I told you how asphyxiated I felt in our relationship, you didn't even care!" I took a pause to regulate my breathing. "You were the one that never loved me" I said.

Sofía laughed bitterly, she shook her head violently and then looked at me intensely.

"What I wanted to say is that we were set for failure from the very beginning" I continued, seeing as Sofía's anger increased. "They were right I guess, I might have gotten to love you as you wanted me to if you have helped me carry our relationship...but no, to you everyone is obligated to do your will, which is the only thing that matters to you!" I shouted; the words I've fighting to keep locked in my chest finally making its way out into the light.