He's covering it from the cameras... Why?

Alisha scanned the page slowly, trying to find what was so important. It was just a list of names and observations, but one name in particular stood out. Ellie. "Oh crap."

"Doctor Reeves!" Russel cheered. "Would you like anything?" He walked over to them.

"Some water would be great, thanks," he smiled. Unlike Alisha's, his smile was never fake. Or, if it was fake, Alisha couldn't tell.

"This wasn't supposed to happen so soon..." She whispered.

Gabriel placed another piece of paper next to her. "I need to go, but you might need this."

Alisha saw it had a series of numbers written on it. Without getting a good look, she quickly slipped it into her pocket. Russel walked over and gave Gabriel his water.

"Thank you, take what I owe out of my account," Gabriel looked to Alisha. "I'll see you around, Miss Evans," he exited the bar, leaving Alisha to the papers.

Ellie is here, at NEXUS. It's only been a week since she woke up, and somehow, she's already found her way to NEXUS...

She hurriedly gulped down the rest of her wine, before leaving her seat in the bar and heading back to her office.

I have to find her.

Alisha walked into the elevator and pressed the button to get to her level. Just as the doors were ready to close, a manly hand grabbed onto the metal slider, causing the doors to pause. Carter stepped inside the small space. He stood on the far right, keeping a good distance between them, and pressed the level 9 button.

He must be on his way to see Shen.

The lift was so quiet, you could hear the slight sway of the metal cables. And yet...

"How are you?" Carter asked suddenly, slicing through the silence in the lift. He sounded nervous but stern.

"Good," Alisha nodded carefully. "You?"

"Busy... Very busy," he looked over at her, and then down at her hand. She could see him in the corner of her eye, but tried hard to avoid eye contact.

They never used to be like this. It used to be different. Before the Deathwave. Before things got out of hand in the world and the virus took over.

It used to be... Better.

Alisha entered the large hall by herself, feeling a little lost and a little small

Alisha entered the large hall by herself, feeling a little lost and a little small. She was only seventeen then, young, but not too young to be a scientist. She'd just accepted the job she was offered at NEXUS, and was undoubtedly excited to get started. Although she didn't like the idea of helping the military, she was nonetheless excited to start something new.

She was a fool.

A short man with silver hair approached Alisha with a large welcoming grin on his face. "You must be Alisha Evans," he took her hand and shook it.