ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 |𝟙𝟝|

_________________________

After her conversation with Takemichi, Y/n casted aside her doubts. She was now sure that the worries in her heart won't subside anytime soon. 

Even when she had to do the full body check up on every Toman member, she couldn't get her mind out of Baji Keisuke. She was afraid that this fight would be a deadly one, she knew that this fight had to happen. 

Valhalla has been threatening Tokyo for months now. It's nearly February and they didn't cease creating chaos wherever they went. From murders, robbing, kidnapping and so on. The drug dealing in Tokyo increased heavily, and the night life wasn't safe anymore. 

One day before the fight and Y/n was drowning in her own stressful thoughts, Every division leader was busy preparing his subordinates so she couldn't properly talk with them. Souya stopped by sometimes to bring her lunch or dinner that him or his brother prepared for her. 

They had a meeting tonight, the last one before they went to take a rest. Pah-chin was still recovering so he was the first one that Y/n forbid from fighting. Few other members had health problems so Y/n also told them to stay in HQ.

The meeting itself was a short recap on their strategy, every division role and so on. Y/n already had the grasp of it so she doze off for a bit as she kept her eyes locked on Baji when he talked. 

After the meeting, each one had to go to their room. Usually Division captains go to their respective house, but tonight they all had to sleep in here. The other members could go to their house and be back by 5 p.m the next day, since the fight is scheduled at 6 P.m.

Y/n had a lot on her mind, and she couldn't take away the thoughts that cramped up. Aside from the stress that she had about tomorrow's fight, she also thought about Baji a lot. Now that she knew and understood her feelings toward the black-haired man, she couldn't stop thinking about him, about what happened between them. 

She headed toward his room without even thinking and gently opened the door, passing her head through the door frame to inspect his room. The window was opened, and the cold wind made her hair sway for a bit. She tucked her hair behind her ear and kept looking at the handsome man. 

He was looking all gloomy, staring at the sky, an already lit cigarette in his right hand. He inhaled in the small cancer stick before turning around when he saw her reflexion in the window beside him. 

He turned around, threw his cigarette stub in the ashtray before closing the window, which made the room less cold. 

"I didn't know you smoke." Said Y/n as she closed the door behind her. 

"I don't, but whenever something stressful is coming up, I do." 

"So you're stressed when you fight ?"

"No I'm happy when I do, but when you're in the field, I can't help it." 

She sighted heavily as she got closer to him, wanting him to notice her, but he kept looking at the window. 

"I'll be fine Kei. I don't know how to fight, but I'll manage that somehow." She reassured him as she held his sleeve.

"You won't have to fight as long as I'm here, I'll cast everyone aside If I see you in danger." 

"No you won't. I'll be fine on my own, my only purpose is aiding. I won't have to fight." 

"I know, but I can't help worrying about you Y/n !" His voice started raising and Y/n was startled by his sudden outburst that she shivered for a bit.

When he noticed that the girl in front of him was scared by his raising voice, a heavy sigh escaped from his lips. He brought her closer to him and hugged her, whispering that he was sorry he shouted. But Y/n wasn't scared, she was shocked that he finally admitted worrying about her. 

She kept smiling in his chest, where she could inhale his strong cologne with a faint scent of cigarettes that made him look even more attractive than he were. 

"I heard your conversation with Takemitchy." He confessed after thinking about whether or not should he tell her. "I worry about you as much as you do, but I'll be cautious for your sake. So please do your work without worrying about me, I'll be fine." 

He kissed her forehead before backing away, but Y/n held him closer. She didn't want him to see her face right now, he would probably think she's weird for making this face. But he knew her like the back of his hand, so he lifted her head, making both of their eyes meet. 

"Kei, you're all red." 

"Talk about your face moron, your smile is creepy." 

"I can't hide It." 

He smiled as she confessed that she couldn't help smiling, a small 'tsk' was heard before he leaned in, making both of their forehead touch. 

"Say N/n, Can I kiss you ?" 

"You're being polite for once, Hm Kei ?"

"Fuck you."

And before she could tease him anymore, he already leaned in and captured her lips. She wrapped her hands around his neck, whereas he brought her closer by her waist. The kept kissing until both of them couldn't breathe, so they parted away, eyes devouring each other before they resumed kissing again. 

All their worries, their stress, hatred, sorrow was wiped out by that exchange. They needed each other to take each other's pain away. 

Baji thought about taking this kiss further, but he couldn't, because he knew Y/n would have troubles tomorrow so he kept his mind focused on her, trying to control himself from unleashing the beast inside of him.

They parted away finally when they ended up tripping on the carpet, they fell on the bed laughing from how much the situation was silly. 

"Y/n, sleep with me tonight." 

Her face drained from blood as she heard what he said. Clearly, Y/n always interpreted everything wrongly. But when Baji knew what she thought about, he started laughing before he hugged her, bringing her closer to him. 

"You're naughty Y/n ! I meant sleep because both of us are tired." He explained, ruffling her hair. 

A simple 'oh' was heard from her side, and she nodded. She was far to tired from how much she worked, but also the exchange both of them had that she couldn't move even if she wanted to. 

She layed in the bed, playing with the hem of the blanket, reminiscing what happened between both of them. Baji appeared few minutes later wearing his pyjama, saying that sleeping in his boxers might wake Baji Jr up.

"Your cooperation is much appreciated Baji Keisuke." 

And both of them slept next to each other, Baji wanted to feel her warmth against his body, but he didn't touch her the entire night. He slept by the edge of the bed, not wanting to invade her private space. 

Baji Keisuke, You'll be the death of me.