ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 |𝟙𝟚|

______________________________

"It's your time to open your gifts N/n come on." 

"Alright."

It was finally Christmas morning, which means It's time for everyone to open their gifts. They decided that they would put their gifts under the Christmas tree just like the same old tradition. Y/n was the last one to open the gifts, and she was surprised by how much she was loved by her friends. 

The Kawata Twins got her a cute bowl set for coffee, ramen or tea. The hakkai siblings bought her a huge revolution palette that she saw online once. Hinata and Takemichi got her a cute dress they thought would suit her. Emma, Draken and Mikey gave her a new phone, laptop and a small instax, and so on... 

"You know the clinic was Baji's gift." Confessed Mikey.

"Oi mikey !"

Baji smacked Mikey's head, because he didn't tell Y/n it was HIS gift, instead he told her it was everyone's gift in order to cheer her up. But Y/n didn't want to tease him in front of the others because she knew how much he worshipped his pride, but she had to thank him later.

"Hakkai, Takemichi and I would be the one to cook lunch, you can rest until we call you to set the table." Said Draken as he pushed the two others in the kitchen, closing the door behind them. 

"Alright, How about we get a delivery ?" Suggested Mikey as he lifted his phone up. 

"Meannie Mikey ! Hakkai knows how to cook." Said Yuzuha as she defended her brother. 

"It's not about Hakkai, It's about the cry baby." he whispered, not wanting Hinata to hear him, but she still did and smacked him as soon as he turned to look at her. 

"I'll go in my room to rest for a bit, call me when lunch is ready." Said Baji, leaving his friends behind.

Y/n excused herself as well, she decided that she had to follow him and speak with him right now. He slammed the door, not noticing that she was behind him. But she opened it slowly, her head passing the door frame, looking for him. 

She spotted him on the bed, looking at the ceiling, probably overthinking again. She read him like an open book and knew when he was fine or not. And right now, he was probably not.

"Kei ? Are you alright ?" 

Her voice soothed him, and made him slowly stand up before grabbing her arm and getting her in the room. He had a lot on his mind lately, and he wanted to open up right now, because it felt like the perfect time. 

"What does it feel like to be in love with someone ?" his question took her aback, she wasn't ready for such an interrogation. 

"I don't know Kei, I was never in love. You don't know how it feels ?" she calmly replied, not knowing what's going on in his mind. 

"I'm not the popular type among girls." He confessed before biting his lip, showing his fangs." Say, Can I try something ?"

She didn't know what was wrong, but if that calmed him then she didn't care about whatever was on his mind, so she nodded. 

He slowly got closer, keeping the eye contact between both of them. He wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her close to him. He was still biting his lips and that made Y/n's face heat up from how much this man was handsome. He got closer and closer, and each time he brought her face near his, Y/n's heart skipped a beat. 

Their lips were brushing against each other, Y/n felt Baji's hot breath against her face, she smelled his strong perfume, she was enjoying the heat his body radiated, she knew that instant that she wanted to feel more.

But suddenly he pushed her away, slightly coughing to ease the steamy tension that escalated in the room. He apologised abruptly before pushing her out of his room, signalling that he wass tired and wanted to rest. 

Y/n was still in a state of shock, she didn't expect him to do anything like that. She put her right hand on her chest, checking her heartbeats. She knew that her face would be red no matter her skin complexion. She cursed him under her breath, he really toyed with her as if she was a small plushie. 

After calming herself, she joined the others on the couch. They were watching home alone, the only source of light was the huge Christmas tree that they decorated few hours earlier. 

By the end of the movie, Y/n was sleeping on Chifuyu's shoulder, she knew it like her palm so she ended up closing her eyes only listening to the dialogue but she slept. 

They didn't want to wake them up, so they decided they would wait until lunch is served before they do. 

Half an hour later, Hakkai shook Chifuyu and Y/n, waking them up from their deep slumber. They had about two hours of sleep which made it a small nap in the morning. They sat around the table, eyeing the delicious food displayed before their eyes. 

Baji's seat was beside hers but today, he changed his seat with Chifuyu. And that small gesture made everyone alerted. All of them sensed the small connection building between Baji and Y/n for a while now, Baji always yearned for her company, whereas Y/n always agreed and never complained about his attitude. 

On the other side, Y/n felt hurt when Baji acted that way. She noticed her unsteady heartbeats whenever he was around, but her heart clutching like this means she was feeling more than just a friendly feeling towards the black-haired man. 

She tried to suppress her hurting expression by asking if anyone wanted her to serve them some chicken, she was smiling and joking around but inside, she was heartbroken. 

She was heartbroken because her overthinking was playing tricks on her again, she remembered how much Baji and Mikey fought over the seat next to her, that is until Baji won by making a deal with Mikey. 

She remembered when Baji lifted Hinata with the seat itself when she sat next to her, and decided to put another seat next to her, just to sit beside her. 

And now out of nowhere he gave her not a single glance during lunch, he didn't visit her room during the afternoon, he didn't invite her out for a small walk around the building, he didn't text her to check if she wanted to drink coffee, wine or tea with him. 

She shouldn't have agreed. 

'I shouldn't have agreed.'