"Okay, got it." Seunghyeon grinned, fondly shaking his head.

"You're so lucky you have a big family." And with the parents and the young cousins staying at the grandmother's house, with the older cousins staying at the eldest cousin's to help with the wedding preparations... Seunghyeon groaned and tossed his head back. "You're having so much fun! I'm so jealous."

"It's fun. But super busy," Kwangsun said. He leaned against the door. "Next time, I'll bring you here. You'd get along with everyone."

Seunghyeon perked his head up. "Really?"

Kwangsun nodded as they locked eyes. "Yeah."

His heart skipped a beat and Seunghyeon tore his gaze away. He pressed his hand to his cheek, the heat was getting to him.

"So"–Kwangsun cleared his throat–" What are you up to? Where is everyone?"

Seunghyeon sighed. "Busy." He stretched his arm up, holding the phone above him. "Eomma, Appa and Myungsuk went to go buy fruit. And Taeyong-hyung and Daehyun-hyung went to the graveyard to pay respects to his mom."

Kwangsun shot up. "Wait, who? Chanri?"

Seunghyeon laughed. "No, stupid." Seunghyeon shook his head. "Daehyun's other mother. Chanri's wife. Do you think I'd be sitting around here if she just died?"

Kwangsun let out a deep sigh and shrugged. "Just wanted to make sure," he said, slowly nodding. "So, is she from that town? Is that how you guys know Daehyun?"

"No, she's Korean-American. But she wanted to be buried 'on Korean soil' so that's how we know them." Seunghyeon smirked. "If it wasn't for me, we'd never know them."

"Really?" Kwangsun raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah," Seunghyeon scoffed. Seunghyeon sat up and held his chin up. "If I didn't have perfect aim and hit Daehyun-hyung with a tennis ball, he would've never scolded me, and Taeyong-hyung would've never apologized on my behalf."

Kwangsun laughed. "So, you're like an aggressive cupid?"

Seunghyeon nodded. "Yup." He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. "I'll smack people in the face with anything. My hands, a ball, my shoe–"

"–All for the sake of love?"

"Well, there doesn't have to be a reason." Seunghyeon winked.

Kwangsun laughed wholeheartedly. Its warmth resonated in Seunghyeon's chest. He tugged his shirt up, hiding his burning cheeks and dopey grin.

"I can't wait for summer to end," Seunghyeon confessed, peeking up at his screen.

Kwangsun sobered down and his eyes softened. Gentle and honest. "Me too."

Seunghyeon hummed and laid there, staring at the screen with the corner of his lips curling up. After the summer, they could start from where they left off. Maybe something would really happen. Something real.

"Hello? Is anyone home?" A familiar voice called out. Seunghyeon perked up as their neighbour, a plump older woman leaned over the short gate, squinting around.

"Ah," Seunghyeon turned back to the screen. "Sorry, I have to get this," he said as he slipped on his slippers and scooted off the ledge, padding across the tile path to the gate.

"It's okay, just tuck me in your pocket," Kwangsun said and picked up a toothbrush. "I should get ready anyway before everyone starts banging on the door."

Chuckling, Seunghyeon tucked his phone into his back pocket.

"Hello, auntie. How are you?" Seunghyeon said and unhooked the short gate, the hinges squeaking as he held it open for her.