29.

The sounds of pages turning and pens scribbling on papers was all that could be heard in the quiet library I currently sat in as I read Macbeth which was assigned to us in English class a week ago. 

Shakespeare. I liked his work but I was never able to read his writing solely because of how complicated it was. 

His writing just didn't make sense to me and I'm sure this applied to many other people. No matter how hard I focused I would read the words and then at the end of the page realize that nothing that I just read made any sense to me. 

'Damn you, Shakespeare. And damn you, Professor Ross.' I internally groaned as I forced my eyes back to the top of the page to reread the puzzling words that were giving me a headache. 

"Yeah, I'm not doing this." I whispered to myself after reading two complicated sentences. I closed the book and let out a frustrated sigh. 

'I'm never gonna finish this damn book'  I thought as I rubbed my tired eyes. I was beginning to feel stressed about our upcoming essay that was due by the beginning of next week. Although it is due a whole week from today, I knew I was going to struggle reading the play which is why I was mad at myself for not pushing myself harder, now only having a week to read and write. 

At least it's quiet in here, maybe I can close my eyes for a minute and recharge before class begins.... 

"HEY AVALYN!" 

The sudden loud voice in my ear caused me to jump in my seat. 

"What the hell!" I exclaimed as I looked up at the two annoying and childish brunettes in front of me with grins on their faces. 

"SHHHH!" The school's librarian glared over at us. Embarrassed, I mouthed a 'sorry' to her and ignored the weird looks other students were giving us.

I turned to look at the two guys and an amused smile rose on my lips when I saw Louis glaring at two other students who were sitting together, giving us weird looks for being loud. 

"What are you two doing in here?" I quietly asked, catching his attention. 

"We saw you through the window." Louis shrugged as he took a seat next to me. 

"We were bored so we decided to come bother you." Zayn nodded, a smirk on his face as he took the seat on the other side of me. I couldn't help but notice the bruise on his forehead but decided to leave that conversation for later. 

"Don't you two have class?" I asked the two. I had a free period which is why I was in the school's library, but I was one hundred percent sure these two had class.

"So?" Louis shrugged. "It was boring so we just walked out."

I rolled my eyes at his response. No shock there. Louis, Zayn and their three other friends always did whatever the hell they wanted. 

"Well go away. I'm trying to read." I huffed before reaching over to my book again and opening it.

"You weren't even reading when we came in. You were just sitting there!" Louis exclaimed, getting in my face. 

"Keep your voice down!" I whispered as I pushed him away. I noticed the librarian glancing at us with a small glare to which Louis just rolled his eyes to, crossing his arms with a huff as he leaned back in his squeaky chair.

I scoffed at his reaction, closing my book and turning to the more mature Zayn who raised his eyebrow before reaching over and grabbing my copy of Macbeth from the table. "Macbeth?  We read this two years ago! Remember Louis?"