7.

"We can keep you company if you want." My best friend offered after I mentioned I was going to get something to eat while they shopped. I shook my head, telling her I would be quick and that I'd join them afterward. 

Giving them some time alone was the obvious thing to do. I just hoped Liam's friend would get the hint and do something elsewhere to give the two some alone time. At the same time, I felt bad for not making an effort in trying to get to know the two guys. Liam seemed genuinely nice, but his friend on the other hand was very mysterious and intimidating, always with a serious face. I had no idea how to start a conversation with him so I found it easier to just walk away from the awkwardness.

My legs began to slow their pace as many different cuisines came into view. I crossed my arms as I scanned the place, wondering what I was in the mood for.

"Hmmm, how about some Nandos?" I smiled to myself. 

"Some Nandos sounds good." A honeyed voice said from besides me. 

Startled, I turned to look at the brunette who looked at me with the corners of his lips slightly curling up into a smile. "And may I ask why you're here and not with Sophia and Liam?" 

"I was not going to follow them around and act as a third wheel thank you very much." He rolled his eyes. "So, how about that Nandos?" I raised my eyebrow at him, an amused smile on my lips.

Eventually, once we both had our food, we took a seat in the food court. We ate in the most awkward silence for a couple minutes, sending each other awkward smiles whenever our eyes made contact. Neither one of us dared to start a conversation with other, mostly because we didn't know what to say to each other. Finally, when he had enough of the silence, Louis spoke up. 

"So, Ava," He said, bringing his fork full of chicken towards his mouth.

"Not that I'm not enjoying this amazing awkward silence between us, really I'm having a blast," Louis sarcastically said but I couldn't blame him. I was also finding the silence awkward and uncomfortable.

"But how about we play 21 questions in order to get to know each other?" He suggested.

"Oh... sure. You first." I nodded before taking a bite into my chicken bowl.

"Okay Ava, tell me, how old are you?"

"Eighteen, how old are you?"

"Nineteen, why did you move away last year but came back this year?"

"Divorced parents. Why are you still in school if you're nineteen?" I curiously asked. He must've repeated or something, that's his only possible answer.

"I was held back a year." He snickered. "What's your deal with Niall?"

I nearly choked on my drink from his comment. "Sorry, what?"

Louis looked at me with an amused smirk. "Niall, the sexy Irish lad? What's your deal with him? Clearly there's something going on between you two. Have never seen a girl ride in his car, ever. And I've known Niall forever." He answered, a smirk plastered on his lips before he took a long sip of his soda as he waited for my answer.

"We're just health partners." I flatly said.

"Come on, he won't tell me, but I know something is going on. Don't deny it." Louis smirked, crossing his arms. "I'm actually quite excited for that lad. Never seen him want a girl like this before." 

I was caught off guard from his comment. Although a small part of me was attracted to Niall and I was lowkey hoping Niall was attracted to me, I wasn't going to let anything escalate between us. Guys like Niall only wanted one thing, and I was not about that.

"Nothing is going on with us, and I doubt anything ever would." I answered. "Niall has a reputation, and I've heard stuff... not good things, may I add. Everything about him basically screams trouble."

"Hey, we might have a reputation but that was made up by people who don't know us." He defended. "Oh, so you didn't get expelled from your old school for violence?" I raised my eyebrow at him, an amused smile on my lips. 

"Okay, but besides that." Louis rolled his eyes. "We just let people talk, let them be intimidated by us. It doesn't bother us. It actually works in our favor because we can't stand idiots who stereotype us and that way they don't get in our way. But, we're actually quite hard to resist when we're good men on the inside." He smirked. "You're eating a meal with me while we have a normal conversation. Not once have I been a dick. Reputation proven wrong don't you think?" He did have a point there.

"Fine. I will admit that although you did intimidated me a tad bit at first, you have proven me wrong." I looked at him. I caught myself smiling with him, his charming smile hard to resist as well as the crinkles by his eyes when he smiled. That is, until he kept running his mouth. "And Niall?" He asked amused. 

"Niall's been nice to me, and I appreciate it. But I just don't agree with how he treats other people." I shook my head remembering how today he said some rather rude things to a guy who accidentally bumped into him in class even though it was nothing serious.

"Yeah, he has some anger issues but just don't piss him off and he's quite fun." Louis agreed, a chuckle escaping him. "But it is obvious you're into him regardless of his anger issues." He smirked. 

"Quit making stuff up that isn't true!" I huffed, my smile hard to contain at his annoying comment he purposely said to get a rise out of me. "I don't think anything will ever happen between us, seriously. Niall and I, we're way too different, like complete opposites of each other."  

"Hmm, well, they do say opposites attract." Louis smirked, making me roll my eyes. "But as his mate, I think Niall has a thing for you." He teased.  

"I'm not interested in being one of those girls he screws. That's a major turn off." I shook my head. "Oh, you heard about that?" Louis nervously chuckled. "Yes." I rolled my eyes. "So stop trying to up his game. It's not happening, Louis."

"Alright, alright. But I don't think you'll be able to resist him." Louis smirked. "Like c'mon. The lad is Irish." 

"Watch me." I smiled. 

After telling him that I'd like to know him better and not just spend our time talking about Niall, I finally began to learn more about who Louis really was. Turns out he has a girlfriend named Eleanor who he lives with and who has just started Uni. He also told me he has six younger siblings while I told him about me living with my mom and her annoying fiancé. I was insane  thinking of how we went from complete awkward strangers to talking about our families in over thirty minutes. 

I couldn't help but wonder about Louis' tattoos. He said they were painful but bearable as well as addicting. He nearly had a full on sleeve on his left arm and a couple of tattoos scattered on his right arm. I asked him about how many tattoos he's gotten and he responded with 'I've lost count.' 

Louis also said that the reason why he and 'his boys' -as he called them- gave off their 'bad boy' image was because they don't guard down for just anyone, they kept to themselves and each other, mainly because they hated everyone else. They were all tough and acted like assholes when they felt the need. He also said that since Sophia and Liam will become an item soon and seeing as I'm her best friend, why not make the effort to get to know each other.

And I must say, when you actually get to know Louis your whole perspective on him changes. He wasn't the mysterious bad boy everyone thinks he is. He's actually quite funny, charming, outgoing, and so easy to talk to. 

"Well well well, look who we have here." Louis raised his eyebrow at the two approaching us.  "What's up lovebirds, hope you enjoyed your time together." He teased Sophia and Liam, a light shade of pink on both of their cheeks. Louis and I spent over an hour and a half talking, forgetting that we were meant to meet up with the couple ages ago. "I sure did. Ava and I have formed a lovely friendship." He as he looked over at me, a smile on his lips. I smiled back at him. Something told me Louis and I would get along just fine.