The Promise

Chapter 10

(Yumine Yui's POV)

I admired Blake Curlington ever since my first year on elementary school, Due to him being helpful to everyone, Nice to those around him,and being the only one who approaches me, A little lady who talks weirdly...

"I wuv yu Blakey!" The small me who was in elementary back then said those to the little Blake who is taller than me and he replied with these sweet words...

"I wuv you too, Yumi!" Blake who said that then came close to my side...

"Don't twease me!" I was not used to speaking yet but Blake who is also in the elementary speaks so fluent like a highschool student...

"I'm sorry Yumi, but what I said earlier was real"
He then petted my head softly and I closed my eyes because it feels good...

When the patting stopped, I decided....

"Let's make a pwomise!" I proudly announced that to Blake....

"Let's get mawwied when we're older Blakey!"
I stretched out my pinky to him and said...
"Pinky Promise!" Blake then stretched out his pinky to mine and Blake replied...

"Sure!" and we did the pinky promise....

Then the day after Blake's nightmares began...

Apparently Blake stole something...
I didn't hear the details back then but what my classmates said Blake stole from them...
Of course I didn't believe them because my love Blake would not ever do that!
Or so I said to myself but back then I can feel the seeds of doubt growing in me even though he said it himself that he didn't do it to me....

But I stayed by him all throughout our elementary days...

Then came the graduation for elementary students...

I decided to stay with Blake all throughout the graduation ceremony so as to comfort him of his pain just like every single day that I did before...

Then came our highschool days, The time where everything changed.

No,The time where I changed....

Grade 7 was the time where I was still comforting Blake from hurtful words,
There was a time,
When he brought up a topic from the past as we sit beside each other under the shade of a tree and my head is resting on his shoulder....

"Is....The Promise back then... Still good?"
Blake asks worryingly while looking at the clear blue sky...

"You think that will stop me from loving you?!
How shallow do you think I am?!"
I said jokingly at the worried Blake...

"Haha, Don't get the wrong idea Yumi,
I'm just reassuring myself, But still, Thank you Yumi for being here with me" Blake then stops looking at the sky then looks straight at me, as if looking through my soul...

"I will try to be the man you deserve,
I love you Yumi" Blake then looks at the sky once again while hugging me....

I'm blushing red as a tomato!
How can he say that looking straight at me!

Was my thoughts back then and we walked together back to our homes...

Then came the time when we were in Grade 8,
It was similar but the main difference is....

"Senior Yui! You're so cute!"
"Please give us tips for your makeup!"
The new students from grade 7 starts to come to out room just for advice from me and the boys also flatters me....