Sun Catch Her - by - ThreeRiversDeep259

Reviewer: sassy-weirdo

Title- 4/5

The title's intriguing and it conveys to the reader that the story has romance in it. I personally loved the title but since the story is of fantasy and action genre, the reader who goes by the titles would be unable to understand the main genre until they read the tags.

Cover- 4.5/5

I'm a fan of this cover, it's so intriguing and eye-catching, and not to mention, it gives the perfect vibes required for fantasy stories.

Blurb- 4.5/5

The blurb's just the perfect size and incorporating the right details while making sure that the blurb wasn't too long must have been difficult but you succeeded flawlessly. Kudos to you!

Opening Chapter- 10/10

The opening wasn't just good, it was mind-blowing, well detailed, and had literally zero grammatical errors. My favorite part was the way you described the attack on Aurora and the unknown rescuer. I swear I was hooked since the first sentence, damn the imagery was awesome

Character Development- 10/10

The character development was so good. You didn't give extra information out of a sudden, everything was in sync. The way you showed Aurora's thoughts and emotions- the angst, the weariness, the caution, everything was so well written. I liked the way you showed Aurora's feelings when she bonded with someone's soul and took control of it. I could totally see that she was sarcastic and sweet and was going through a lot even without her saying it; the show not-tell aspect was used perfectly.

Writing Style- 10/10

I'm a fan of your writing style, it's so very professional and if it weren't for the fact that I was reading the story on Wattpad, I would've thought I was reading an actual storybook (which is true considering you have published the story which was a right choice on your part). As mentioned earlier, the show does not tell aspect was used perfectly, and even while telling, the scenarios and descriptions were perfectly in sync, giving the reader time to process and imagine the scenario.

Grammar and Vocabulary- 9/10

Your vocabulary is extremely elaborate and wholesome. The words used help in expanding one's vocabulary which is one of the reasons English teachers tell students to read books. I loved the fact that unlike most Wattpad authors (no offense, others), the words used aren't repetitive or commonly used and yet the sentences are simple and easy to understand.

Now coming to grammar, there weren't many mistakes. Just a few which you can correct yourself. I'll just list down the ones I found so that it's easy for you to edit (the only mistakes I found were in chapter 2):-

'Eyes flashing open, I jolted forward in the front seat to do battle with the glove compartment's broken handle, pushing aside crinkled...' should be changed to 'Eyes flashing open, I jolted forward in the front seat to battle with the glove compartment's broken handle, pushing aside crinkled...'

'But this time fate- or rather, the irresistible call...' should be edited to 'But this time, fate- or rather, the irresistible call...'

'...put the details of it out of my head, the result remained the same: I survived, and Mom... hadn't' should be substituted with '...put the details of it out of my head, the result remained the same: I survived and Mom... didn't'

'...comforting sweetness that could be pressed to the middle of my tongues, much like the act of giving a toddler a lollypop...' here lollypop should be replaced with lollipop.

Plot- 8/10

The plot is kind of slow but not every story is Six of Crows is it? So, I must say, the plot is unfurling slowly, like a flower bud. It isn't very clear at the start unless you read the blurb but I'm sure as the story continues, the plot will bloom into a beautiful flower.

Flow- 10/10

I've said this a gazillion times till now but everything is in sync. It's like a river, flowing seamlessly; making new routes when being blocked but still continuing its journey. I believe that a writer's mind is just like a river and you let your river flow without any dams. Thus, the result is an extremely beautiful piece of work of fiction.

Genre Relevance- 4/5

The blurb, cover, and writing totally showcases that the story is of the fantasy genre which is difficult to show sometimes as people tend to veer off to other genres which are not suitable for the plot while writing. Cheers to you!

Communication with Readers- 3/5

I understand that it's not possible to reply to all comments but many comments were left unanswered which is something most readers don't like as they look forward to bonding with the author through the story.

Overall Enjoyment- 5/5

I enjoyed every aspect of the fiction a lot and would definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in the fantasy genre. Keep writing and don't drown the sarcasm in your personal river ;)

Total- 82/90