Chapter 18

Lily

For the first time in what felt like forever I woke up happy, without wishing I could sleep for longer. I'd forgotten how much a good nights sleep could do for you, or maybe it was what happened before I fell asleep?

Finding Bens arms still up wrapped around me I couldn't help but smile. If someone had told me that my first time would of been with Ben I'd of laughed, but somehow it felt right. Like it was meant to be him.

Great he's made me cringy.

Reaching over getting my phone off of the nightstand, my eyes went wide when I saw the time
"Shit." I half yelled. I'm late for work.

Untangling myself from Ben I pulled on my shorts kissing him on the head then ran out of his house and down to the store.

My chest ached as I ran down the alley towards the store, I was nearly there when i took the corner too fast and fell down.

"Ow fuck." I hissed out looking at the large graze on my arm.

Today is not my day.

Getting up and dusting myself down I walked into the store to see Wanda stood at the check out.

"Hey Wan." I said through shaky breaths cupping my bleeding forearm.

"Jesus Christ Lil, what happened to you?" She asked pulling the first aid kit out from under the counter.
"Here I'll clean it up."

Knowing that Wanda wasn't going to let up on it I came round and sat on the stool behind the counter, holding my arm out to her.

"Is Thomas here yet?" I said hissing in pain as she put the antiseptic on.

"Yeah he's in back." She said with a sigh as she dabbed the pad on the cut clearing all the dirt out.

Before I could say anything the bell went as someone walked in the store. I saw the platinum hair before I saw their face.

Fanfuckingtastic

"This day just keeps getting better." I said lowly as Sarah walked to the other side of the shop without looking our way.

Wanda smiled softly at me as she pulled the gauze over the now clean cuts.
"Thanks Wanda I should go talk to Thomas." I said hugging her before hoping off the stool.

"Good luck." She whispered letting me go.

Avoiding the side of the store where Sarah is I went into the back room.

It's always too early to deal with Sarah.

"Thomas? You back here?" I called out.

"Over here!" He replied from the other side of a stack of boxes.

Deep breath Lily.

"Lily I gave you this job because I knew you were reliable, but maybe it's too much with all your school work and things." He said sadly.

"Thomas I'm sorry I was late today but I-" he held his hand up to stop me from saying anything else.

"It's not about you being late Lily. I see it when you come in here for work or just to pick up shopping, you're exhausted. Maybe you should focus on your studies." I could tell he genuinely meant what he said and there was no malice I. It whatsoever.
But part of e couldn't believe it.