30.

Y E A R S L A T E R

"Babe, can you please move the rice cooker over here-"

Jake appears out of nowhere, holding the rice cooker in his hands. He places it carefully on the table and smiles, proud of himself.

"You read my mind. Thank you." I smile at him.

He walks over to me and pulls me in by the hips, giving me a kiss on the lips. I hold his cheeks as I kiss him back, then we pull away.

"I'm so happy we get to live together, now." Jake beams.

"I am, too." I chuckle.

"Layla, come here! Come here, girl!" Jake slaps his thigh, making a noise.

Layla runs out from the bedroom and over into the kitchen where we are. She runs to Jake first, standing up on her hind legs so that Jake could pet her. Layla then comes to me, as I squat down and rub her head.

We sit in the living room on the couch next to each other, and Layla comes over to us. She sits herself down on top of Jake's lap.

"A place with my dogs and the love of my life.. this is what I call home." Jake smiles happily.

"You're cute, Jaeyun." I pinch his cheek, giggling.

"You turn me into such a lover boy, don't you? It's one of your charms. I could never resist you. My girlfriend~" he coos, kissing me nonstop.

"One of your charms is never being able to stop kissing me." I joke, laughing.

Jake pulls away and pouts his lips, making puppy eyes to me.

"So mean! Aren't you supposed to be my girlfriend?" He rolls his eyes.

"You look just like Layla right now." I giggle.

"You look like Sunjungki! Sunjungki come here, boy!" Jake whistles.

Our other dog that I adopted two years ago, runs out of the bathroom and towards us, sitting on my lap. I rub his tummy repeatedly, giving him nothing but love.

He's Layla's younger brother. He's still a puppy, so Layla takes care of him like a big sister. He got the name Sunjungki from me; it's a mixture of Sunoo, Jungwon's, and Riki's name all in one. Jake and I moved to a different city in Korea, so I wanted something that reminded me of my three little brothers.

People make fun of Sunjungki's name, but I don't really care; all that matters is that Sunjungki makes Jake and I happy and he's a healthy puppy.

"We should get another dog soon." Jake looks at me with hope in his eyes.

"Should we?" I laugh.

"I'm not joking, babe! I'm serious! I want another dog." He exclaims.

"Let's get moved in first, then we can adopt another dog." I kiss his cheek.

"Ramyeon and Pocket are doing so well in their new tank. Look at them, love." Jake points over.

Oh yes, we also have two pet fish.

It's like we own a whole pet store here.

"They love their new home." I say. "I told you, those pebbles were a good choice."

"My love is so smart. I'm a lucky guy!" Jake exclaims.

"Hey, Shiyeon."

"Hmm?" I look at Jake.

"Let's get married one day." His eyes become sincere and soft.

"I want to have children of our own someday. I want a family with you." He caresses my cheek.

"You make me so happy. Words can't ever explain how I feel when I'm with you. I'm the luckiest guy in the world. You're all mine, Shiyeon."

"I love you, Jake."

"I love you more, babe." He grins.

"We'll get married someday." Jake kisses me.

"We will get married." I repeat, smiling.

And so we did.

Those mind games paid off, after all, didn't they?

T H E E N D