29

"Jay?"

"W-What are you doing here?" I gulp.

"How did you get inside my house? Where's Sunoo?" I begin to panic.

"I still have the extra key. I don't know where Sunoo is." He responds, moving closer to me.

I step back, getting more and more scared.

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you want from me, Jay?" My heart begins to beat faster, as he gets closer.

"I just wanted to talk. Why are you moving away?" He chuckles.

"Are you drunk?" I frown, tears forming in my eyes.

"Why would I be?" He scoffs.

"Come on, talk to me." He stumbles closer and closer to me.

"Leave me alone, Jay. Leave my house. You betrayed me." I step away from him once again.

"That's what I wanna talk about! Let me explain," he tries to touch my cheek, but I dodge him completely.

"Stop. Please go home." Tears escape from my eyes.

"Shiyeon, please..." his expression becomes sad.

"Let me talk to you." He pleads.

"I need to..." he loses his train of thought, but then shakes his head. "I need to talk to you. And explain everything."

"There's nothing to explain. I heard everything I needed to hear that day." I shake my head.

"No, let me talk to you!" He shouts, obviously drunk.

I flinch from his loud shout. I become more anxious and panicked, not knowing what to do.

"I don't want to hear anything from you, Jay. You're drunk. Please go home." I tell him.

"You have to let me explain." He shakes his head.

"It's been killing me... please. Please, Shiyeon." He frowns.

"You're a traitor. You don't deserve for me to hear you out." My voice breaks.

"Shiyeon, please!" He shouts again.

He grabbed onto a vase and threw it on the floor, making me jump while the glass shatters all over the floor. My legs began to feel like jello as my knees felt weak. I was scared out of my mind, because he was drunk and I didn't know what could happen.

I step closer to the front door and I stand against the wall, feeling trapped. My hands were too shaky to do anything.

JAKE POV

"I'll just call for an Uber home. Drive Sunghoon home, hyung. It's alright. Let me return her AirPods." I say, getting out of Heeseung's car.

"See you, Jake!" Sunghoon exclaims.

"Bye, Jaeyun." Heeseung says, rolling up the window and driving away.

I step onto Shiyeon's front porch. I was about to ring the doorbell, until I noticed that the door was already opened. Concerned and curious, I slowly step inside her house.

"Shiyeon...?" I call out.

Once I was fully inside her house, I noticed Shiyeon standing against the wall and a drunk Jay in the living room.

Shattered glass was on the floor, so I immediately ran over to Shiyeon and stood in front of her, guarding her. I look at her and she's shaking profusely, tears running down her face nonstop.