22

Sunghoon, Heeseung, and I just arrived at Jay's house. He had invited all of us over to hang out at his place, so Heeseung picked me up and drove Sunghoon and I over. We were supposed to come over around 5:30, but we came early; it is currently only 5 right now.

There was no need to ring the doorbell or knock, since I have an extra key to Jay's house. Unlocking the door, the three of us come inside to see the living room and kitchen empty, with no Jake or Jay in sight.

"Where the hell are they?" Heeseung asks, while all of us take our shoes off.

"Dumb ass invites us over just to be nowhere in sight." Sunghoon snickers.

"They're probably in the game room. It is quiet as hell, though." I say.

We all walk quietly to the game room upstairs, hearing some voices in the room. The door wasn't fully closed; there was a tiny crack in the door, and once we got closer, the voices came from Jay and Jake.

'Oh, they made up. That's good.' I think in my mind.

Before we could walk in, we all freeze up at what we were hearing, staying completely silent as we listened to their conversation.

"How do you think it's going at this rate? Do you think she likes you now?" I hear Jay ask.

"I think she did develop feelings for me. I've been flirting with her nonstop, and she's been going with it. She's pretty cute-" Jake gets cut off by Jay.

"She's gonna choose me, and you'll be giving me $500. I'm going to win the bet." Jay says.

My heart sinks down all the way to my stomach, shattering in the process. Sunghoon and Heeseung look at each other in shock, then they both look at me in concern and worry. I couldn't do anything but stand there. I was frozen in place, my heart felt like it was breaking.

"I don't know.. don't you feel kind of bad? I've been feeling guilty every time I see her." Jake says.

"She did this to herself. Letting two guys flirt with her? It's her fault." Jay scoffs.

Tears stream down my face as betrayal stomps all over my heart and mind.

"Don't say that. She hasn't done anything wrong." Jake says.

"I don't know. I think this is going too far. She seems like such a nice girl, Jay-"

"It's too late now. She's already fallen for our tricks. We can't just suddenly stop doing what we're doing." Jay cuts him off again.

Jay.

Jay, out of all people, is doing this to me.

My own best friend is doing this to me.

"I'm going to win that $500. Just watch." Jay chuckles maliciously. "She really believes that we have a problem with each other."

"Jay... this doesn't feel right. I only agreed because I thought you were joking around, but you're actually serious. She's your best friend, why would you do this? We should stop." Jake tells him.

"Don't lie. You agreed to it because you want that $500." Jay scoffs again.

"I don't need $500. Money isn't worth it if I'm hurting someone for no reason at all. I genuinely like her, Jay. I grew feelings for her. REAL feelings."

I wasn't even focused on the fact Jake just said he grew feelings for me. I was focused on the fact that Jay created this bet and the two of them played around with my feelings just for money. I feel so betrayed, I would have never thought Jay out of all people would do this to me.

"Dude, are you serious?" Jay laughs at him. "You really caught feelings for her? You broke the rule, stupid."

"I've liked her since day one, even before you created this bet. Now stop doing this to hurt her. Is it because you have feelings for her and she doesn't like you back? Is that it?" Jake scoffs.

"I would never like a whore like her."

Then, we hear a punch being landed and someone being punched, the hard impact making a loud noise. Still frozen, I stand there as Heeseung and Sunghoon barge into the room, the door flying open.

Jay's standing up from the floor with blood coming out from his nose, and a little knot forming on his cheekbone. Jake's standing there with his fists bawled tightly that his hands turned white, a scarily angry expression on his face.

"You fucking bitch. Don't ever call her a whore. How could you say that about her? About your own best friend! She's been your friend for years! How could you do this to her!?" Jake shouts loudly, being held back by Heeseung.

"Stop. Stop, guys. Stop this." Sunghoon stands in front of Jay.

"She never even liked you in the first place. She hated your guts! Why are you defending her, huh? She would never like a cheater and a player like you!" Jay shouts back.

Jake tries to lunge forward to get at Jay, but Heeseung holds him back.

"You traitor! You're nothing but a cold-blooded traitor! You're such a bad fucking person, Jay!"

"And you're a cheater. Guess we're both traitors." Jay smirks.

My legs move by itself, storming over to Jay and slapping him straight in the face, on the cheek. The shouts stop and all of the guys freeze, not expecting my smack.

Jay holds his cheek in instinct, his cheek turning severely red.

"How could you?" My voice breaks, the tears not ever stopping.

"What did I ever do to you!!?!!" I scream in his face, slapping him again.

"Don't ever fucking come near me, and don't you dare ever put my name in your mouth again. Fuck you, Jay." I spit out, about to leave.

"Shiyeon-" Jake grabs my arm, but I yank it away harshly from him.

"Don't touch me." I shoot him a cold glare, and he frowns, getting teary eyed.

I storm downstairs and I throw the key that Jay gave me across the living room, putting my shoes on hurriedly. I wait outside and order for an Uber.

"Shiyeon, please let me explain..." Jake's voice appears.

"Please leave me alone." I shut him down.

"Shiyeon, please.." he stands in front of me with a sad expression.

I look at him back with nothing but hurt on my face.

"Fuck off, Jake." My voice cracks again.

"I know I fucked up for even agreeing to his bet in the first place, but I really didn't know that he would take it this far-"

"You hung out with me for days, without even telling me about that bet. You looked me in my eyes for days and lied to me about everything." I argue, wiping my tears, but it was no use.

"Was all of it fake, then? All of those nights we spent together, rambling on and on about our impossible dreams and goals? Everything was fake, wasn't it? It was all for $500." I say, looking at him with tears still streaming down my cheeks.

"You faked it all along. I was actually thinking that I was growing real feelings for you, but obviously yours were fake."

"Maybe you didn't plan this, but you're just as bad as Jay is for not telling me a single damn thing."

The Uber arrives, and I look at him one last time before walking away and into the Uber.