Her Eyes

When squad pulled up to Chicago Med, Kelly jumped out of the truck and ran straight inside. He made his way up too Amber's room and as he approached he could hear voices.

Kelly stood in the doorway looking into see Amber was awake and talking. Kelly couldn't help the tears that began to fall.

Amber noticed her blue eyed man standing in her doorway. "Kelly." Her voice was unsteady as she tried to contain her own emotions.

Dr. Rhodes and Dr. Halstead were both in Amber's room but excused themselves when they looked back to see Kelly. As they exited Kelly entered and Will closed the door to give them some privacy.

"Your... your really here?" Kelly was stumbling over his words.

"I'm here." Amber held out her hand for Kelly to grab a hold of.

When Kelly felt his fingers touch her hand it really set in that Amber was awake and talking to him. Kelly quickly moved to sit on the edge of her bed leaning over and hugging her and crying. "I thought you were gone."

"I'm going to be okay." Amber wrapped her arms around Kelly and pulled him closer. "I'm not going anywhere Kelly."

Kelly pulled back a little so he could look into her beautiful hazel green eyes. He then leaned forward and kissed her lips.

When their lips connected there was a small beat on Amber's heart monitor causing them both to laugh. "I can't promise you that this will be easy or that I won't miss some holiday dinners. But.." Kelly intertwined one of his hands with hers. "I can promise you that I will always be honest with you, that I will always love you and that I will always be there for you."

Amber was 100% for sure that if her heart had wings it would of flown right out of her chest. "We can spend holiday dinners wherever we are. Rather that be at the fire station, here at the hospital or at home with our 4 kids running around us. I love you Kelly Severide." Kelly's smile couldn't get any bigger even if he tried.

The last 3 months have been some of the longest and emotionally exhausting Kelly has ever experienced. Just this morning he was telling her goodbye and that it was okay to go. But now he was staring back into her eyes and she was going to be okay.

"I don't have a ring but." Kelly slips off his firemen's cross necklace. "If there is anything these last couple months have taught me is life is too sort. So Amber Jean Rose will you marry me?"

Amber's hand flew up to her mouth as she gasps. She never thought in a million years this would be happening right now, happening this soon but Kelly was right. Life is way to short to second guess yourself and wonder about the what if's.

Tears were beginning to form in the corners of Amber's eyes. "Yes Kelly, I will marry you."

Kelly smiled as he placed his necklace around her neck. "I love you Amber." Kelly cupped her face with both his hands as he placed another kiss on her lips.

The two of them could hear a few cheers coming from the other side of Amber's hospital room door. They both can't help laughing as they pull apart.

Kelly and Amber can see both Gabby and Matt looking in through the window. They motion to let them know it is okay to enter.

Matt and Gabby come into the room followed by the rest of 51, Hank Voight, Erin Lindsay, Dr. Rhodes and Will. "So are two officially dating now?" Gabby was trying to contain her excitement.

Kelly and Amber exchange a look and without looking away from one another they both say "Engaged" in unison.

A sound of congratulations could be heard from all corners of Amber's hospital room. Amber then locked eyes with Will to see what he was going to say. Will didn't look happy in fact his face was stone cold.

Will sighed causing Kelly to turn to look at him, almost daring Will to say something besides congratulations. "You break her heart Kelly Severide I make your death look like an accident." A smile finally appeared on Will's face.

"I don't plan on ever hurting her. Not again." Kelly turned back to look at Amber. "I should of chased after you the night you left and I've regretted that every night since. I am not letting go. Not ever again."

"Good because if you do I'll help Will make your death look like an accident." Everyone laughed.

Erin stepped up next too Will "And I'll help them cover it up and get them a rock tight alibi." Erin and Will do a little fist bump.

"I'm all yours forever and always."

"Forever and always." Kelly and Amber share another sweet romantic kiss.

Gabby makes a gagging noise. "Get a room!"

Amber more than happily points out. "We are in my room! You guys are all the ones standing there."

"Yeah and we need to get busy making these 4 kids that Amber wants before it's too late." The last couple words slipped out of Kelly's mouth before his brain registered what he was implying.

"Kelly Benjamin Severide I know you are not saying that I'm old!" Amber said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Hermann placed a hand on one of Severide's shoulders "Kelly, my advise is to stop talking and beg for forgiveness before you dig yourself into a deeper hole."

"I... I mean... uh." Kelly's cheeks were turning a light pink due to embarrassment. "Matt help?"

"Oh no man. Do not drag me into this. You dug this grave on your own. Now you gotta fill it in." Matt started to head for the door "Come on guys let's leave before we can all be called as witnesses to Kelly's murder trail."

Everyone waves and says bye. Chief Boden and Sargent Voight both mouth good luck to Kelly as they closed Amber's hospital room door.

"Amber that statement came out totally wrong. I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad." Kelly was blurting out more words the more nervous he got because Amber wasn't saying anything.

"Just shut up and kiss me Kelly." Amber reached out grabbing Kelly's shirt and pulled him towards her for another kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The End

AN: I honestly didn't think I would already be ending this one so soon but it just felt right. Hope you enjoyed! Be sure to check out my other Kelly Severide stories.