Page 1

I paced next to my brother as we headed down the path toward the main audience tent. We'd arrived yesterday to the Packs Meet. The entry when we'd checked in said that thirty packs were here already. Our pack of fifty was just a drop in the hundreds that were here. It was a remote ranch in the middle of a southwestern state. So no one but shifters should be around for miles. The forests around here were sparse but we had enough mileage and coverage to be safe.

"Do you think we'll have to fight?" he asks me. I snort.

'Probably.' I reply in our link. I was in my full form so there was no talking except in link. It was our first time here with us in charge. Outside of our pack I was considered a genetic mistake. I had a full wolf shape like my twin brother. We were both black wolves, however while he could go to full human I couldn't. no one, not even shaman's knew why I was like this. I only managed an upright wolf form. My face was still mostly wolf though my muzzle was slightly shorter, my ears not so pointed. I had fur over my entire body but my cock, the palm of my hands and the bottom of my feet. My legs were still in the bent wolf shape just longer. My arms were in human shape with hands, long claws on every finger and toe. Not to mention the tail. I was scary looking to anyone, even among our kind. It was also considered a mistake that I was an alpha along with him. As twin Alpha's when our father retired last year at sixty, we had both taken over as leaders of the pack. We weren't kids. At nearly thirty we were full grown had fights, kills, and years of experience under our belts. This year as our first year, we'd be presented to the council in three days. At that point any up coming alphas, or ones with no packs can challenge us for our pack. We'll fight as a team, even if it's only against one.

"You think it'll be because they want our pack or they just don't like you?" he asks.

'Both, but mostly they'll see me as needing drowned like a runty pup so they'll try to kill me. You promised me, do not put yourself in danger to save me. Our pack needs you. I won't give in easy so no unnecessary chances. You know I can beat most anyone.'

"I know. I'll let you get your ass beat." he teases. Inside the big tent we waited in line to be announced to the council. This was a general introduction. In three days was the official introduction and presentation would take place. It was always required you be presented to the Regional Wolf Council. Stands were around the edges. The thirteen member council sat on a raised dais at one end. The stands were half full of people here to ogle the new arrivals. Whether they were just nosey, sizing up competition or looking for a potential mate anyone could come in and watch the alpha's presented.

'Do you think they'll make me shift? They like to see alpha's in human form.' I asked my brother.

"I emailed about your situation. They may ask. I've got you loin cloth." I snorted. He carried a length of black canvas on a leather belt that when I shifted I could tie it on and cover my sheath. I wasn't movie wolf-man smooth but I didn't have the human cock just hanging there. I had the wolf sheath that had a pretty human looking cock that slid out when I was aroused. It was easier to just run around in full form. He carried my 'loin cloth' as he always called it, in case I had to shift. My tail covered my ass so I didn't have to worry about it being all the way around. We moved in the line toward the front as we arrived Brock handed a card with our names to a man who had a microphone. As we walked up on a stage he read off our names and pack.

"Alpha Brock, Alpha Jaime of the Blue River pack." we hesitated at the line on the stage then started off the other side like the others before us had done.

"Wait a moment." one of the men from the dais says into a microphone. "Alpha, we would like to see you, not your wolf." he says. Brock raises his voice.