It wasn't like he was a kid. He was 19 now, a grown adult who could sleep with whoever he wanted. Yes, those people happened to pay him for his company, but he wasn't a fucking prostitute. It didn't happen a lot.

It wasn't a common occurrence, not recently anyway. Not with his recent infatuation with Min Yoongi. Those times where he would let predators masquerading as everything Jimin could ever want do what they pleased with him, were now replaced with Jimin sitting in his room thinking of how perfect his relationship with the older would be.

He found himself daydreaming. Thinking of all the things that were possible but just out of reach. Like Yoongi smiling at him. Jimin's seen the wonderful sight that is Yoongi smiling. He's seen it when he was talking to his friends. When the professor of their classes commended him for his hard work.

But never when talking to Jimin.

It was discouraging really. Maybe he simply didn't like the boy and Jimin couldn't be mad at him for that. If he wasn't gay then that's what it was and Jimin's crush on him is all it'll ever be. A simple crush.

"Chin, what's for dinner?" The sound of Taehyung's voice as he comes downstairs snaps Jimin out of his self-induced trance. He had been staring at the wall, barely breathing for two minutes.

He blinked once and turned around to see Taehyung in a plain white shirt and sweatpants with a towel over his shoulders to catch the water that dripped from his ebony hair. He had his Juul in hand and Jimin could smell that stupid mango flavor that he liked.

"Ugh, get that away from me." Jimin scrunched his nose, moving away as Taehyung came closer, only for him to lean forward and blow the smoke into his face. Taehyung laughed when Jimin out chef his chest, murmuring as soft "asshole". "I ordered Chinese."

"Always your go too when you don't want to cook." The younger sibling murmured softly. "But okay. Can never have enough orange chicken in your life." A smile spread on his lips as he gave a firm pat to Jimin's shoulder before going to the fridge to grab a soda.

Truthfully, it was far better with just them in the house, without the judgemental stare of their parents towards Jimin. Of course, they loved him in their own way, but they didn't love when he dressed a certain way or stepped out of the bounds of their understanding of him and who he is.

Taehyung didn't like how they treated Jimin like an outsider either. So some days he'll come down with a little makeup as well, or wear a crop top for the hell of it. A stand in solidarity really. If Jimin was going to be ostracized, so was he.

Taehyung was Jimin's best friend, guaranteed that they'd stay together forever. They talked about getting an apartment together when they got older, maybe down in Los Angeles.

All they knew is that they didn't want to be apart.

Jimin sighed, pulling at the tight, spandex of his shorts before letting it go so it snapped back against his thigh. "How'd it go with Eden? You two looked like you were having a good time." He asked for the sake of Eden. He knew she'd want to know how Taehyung felt about hanging out with her last night.

Jimin tried to steer her away from the inevitable heartbreak she would experience, but he of all people should know you can't control who your heart longs for.

He watched Taehyung's mannerisms. Normally his real feelings would flash on his face before he could out in a fake expression. But he only smiled, taking another hit of his vape.

"Yeah, she's cool." He nods his head. "But if you're asking if I have a thing for her-"

"No, of course not. I know you're a heartless bastard with no emotions." It wasn't a bad thing knowing what you want. There's nothing wrong with wanting no relationship at all. It's called aromantic, but Taehyung wasn't that. He just had more important things to focus on.

Okay, maybe he wasn't entirely blameless. The smirks and leather jacket and Juuls certainly didn't help with the fact that he had the sex appeal of a god. But Taehyung is an attention whore just like Jimin.

"It's not that. Like- she's really dope and all but I kinda think she and Jungkook have a thing going on." Taehyung swore he couldn't be the only one who saw it. He saw it last night at the party when they were making up. Sure, maybe they were just really comfortable and touchy with each other, but they were unnaturally close and affectionate.

They look at each other like they're each other's universe.

Jimin thought the same. They were definitely close and they were certainly cute together, but Eden explained to him that their relationship is strictly platonic. Always has been, always will be.

"They're like us. Siblings."

"Except they're not siblings." The younger points out. "They are friends and friends catch feelings." He's right. It happens a lot. You see these friends to lovers things all the time. It's everywhere.

Taehyung pointed to Jimin. "I bet that they'll end up together at some point. I guarantee it." He was so sure, so confident that they'd end up together, he was willing to bet money he didn't have. They had jobs, Jimin worked at a cafe next to the bookstore Eden worked at, and Taehyung at a retail store.

Didn't mean they actually had any money. Jimin spent his on clothes because his mom certainly wouldn't buy them for him. Taehyung spent his on Juul flavors and stuff for his skateboard.

"Just be easy in her. And don't bring her and Jungkook up, okay?"

Taehyung waved his hand carelessly. "Yeah, yeah. But it's definitely gonna happen."

*.✧ Kᴀʏs Eɴᴅɪɴɢ Nᴏᴛᴇs

Not Tae shipping Eden and Jungkook. He knows what's up. But also, I didn't expect some of y'all to ship Eden and Taehyung so that's unexpected. There's a lot more to come so hold on tight.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you guys enjoyed and I wish you all a wonderful day/night.

사랑해

~Kay ʕ ꈍᴥꈍʔ