The void welcomes all (PLATONIC Ex and Xisuma)

Start from the beginning

For a very brief moment, the axolotl's mind had been freed. It had been so long since he had been able to think on his own, to be able to make his own decisions without Ex controlling him. And yet, the little freedom he had was suddenly torn away once more, as darkness began to fill his thoughts.

His eyes began to fill with black, darker than the void, overtaking everything in Xisuma's mind. Things were turning blurry, a fog of confusion beginning to rest over his thoughts. The void was ripping him apart, just being near it was enough to cause the admin to lose himself.

Each slow breath became labored and difficult, making it harder and harder to inhale as his lungs began to burn. The crushing weight of darkness began to take a toll, eliminating what little resistance remained in the back of his head.

He passed out onto the grass, as the darkness of the void took hold.

Impulse was wandering through the boatem village, carrying a shulker box filled with blocks and materials out of his starter base. He was planning on doing some work on the factory, though the redstoner's attention was drawn to the man standing on the edge of the boatem hole.

"Be careful there, X!" He called in warning, only receiving silence in response. Xisuma didn't even speak, his arms dangling at his side as he stared down at the void. Impulse raised an eyebrow, something seeming wrong with the admin's behavior.

His back was facing the member of the boatem village, Xisuma's body slightly swaying from left to right as he stared down into the void. Impulse set down the shulker box, before placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Xisuma? Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm wonderful." He spoke with a longing sigh, the admin unable to pull his eyes away from the void. Chuckling underneath his breath, Xisuma's lips curled into a smile.

He glanced to Impulse, who shivered slightly upon seeing the admin's eyes, which were completely overtaken by darkness, not even a sliver of light. "I was just admiring the void, it's stunning."

"O-oh... Erm, I guess.." The redstoner stuttered nervously, unsure what to say as Xisuma went back to gazing at the void.

After a long silence, Impulse cleared his throat, which failed to pull the admin's attention away from the hole.

"Are...are you sick, X? Maybe I should get you back to your base.."

"Nono, I'm right where I need to be." He insisted, Xisuma slowly taking off his helmet and dropping it onto the grass. A bit of hair fell into his face, but he wasn't bothered enough to push it away.

Next thing he did was take off his elytra, discarding it carelessly to the side. "All I want to do is.... Embrace it. It's been so long since I've been welcomed by the void."

"Xisuma, buddy, you're sounding a bit crazy..." Impulse said nervously, though the admin didn't listen. He smiled, stepping closer to the edge, letting out a sigh of pleasure as he did so.

"It just feel so wonderful." He said longingly, further increasing the member of boatem's worry. "It feels incredible to be so close to the void again. I can't wait to get even closer."

Before Impulse could speak up, Xisuma walked off the edge, willingly falling into the void. Reacting immediately, the redstoner opened his elytra and dove after him.

"Oh, you're joining me? That's wonderful, Impulse!" The admin asked happily as Impulse managed to grab his armor, the two falling past bedrock as he reached for a rocket.