I'm Right Here ⨀ *

Author: https://thefanficmonster.tumblr.com/

Corpse Husband x Reader (Female)

Warnings: Mentions of a car accident (minor), Injuries

Genre: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Fluff

----------------

It's been about an hour since I got off the phone with Y/N and my concern is through the roof. She called me from the parking lot of the office building where she works at, telling me she's be home in less than half an hour and asking if I needed her to pick up anything along the way. I have been trying to brush away the worries, comforting myself with the fact that I did request a specific type of iced tea and knowing Y/N, she's probably looking for it in multiple stores because she couldn't find it in the convenience store that's along her way back home. I should've told her not to sweat it considering I don't need it right away or anything.
I have tried distracting myself with editing just to hinder myself from picking up my phone and debating weather to call her or not. I may be worried but I don't wanna put her life in danger by calling her while she's driving.

I keep my hands on my keyboard and mouse, my phone halfway across the room just in case. Another thirty minutes pass by with no sound of the door being unlocked or even a car pulling up. My fingers are beginning to drum over the buttons on my keyboard anxiously. I have had to go back and redo so many things with the video I'm editing because my mind simply isn't present. It's wandering around the city, looking for that one familiar car that's always outside our house, parked in the driveway. That's currently being driven by my girlfriend of two years Y/N.

My phone's ringtone snaps me out of the downwards spiral of my thoughts, simultaneously picking up the speed of my heartbeat. I basically launch myself out of my chair and towards the bed where the ringing is coming from. I feel a wave of relief rush over me when I see Y/N's name on the lit screen.

"Hey babe, where have you been?" I ask as soon as I answer the call. It feels like my whole body shuts down when I finally pick up on the sound of blaring sirens in the background.

"Sir, I'm sorry to inform you Miss Y/L/N has been in an accident." The words the female voice on the phone says cut through me like a knife, sending chills of paralyzing fear all over my body, "You were the last person she contacted before the accident which is why we've stepped in contact with you. However, if you are not able to come collect Miss Y/L/N, please contact a family member of hers."

The calmness of her tone is freaking me out of my skin and mind, "Is she ok?! Where is she?!"

"She's alright, sir. She's not completely conscious yet, though. But she will be by the time you arrive. Her injuries are not in any way life-threatening. She has a few cuts and bruises and a concussion. A medical team has already taken care of her."

Before I know it, I'm already out the door, the location the policewoman gave me in my head as I get behind the wheel of my car which I rarely use. Thankfully, the road the accident happened on is less than fifteen minutes away. Due to the late hour there is close to no traffic on the roads so I make it to the scene in no time.
Y/N's car is surrounded by two cop cars and two ambulances. I barely even notice the black Honda Civic that is almost equally as beat up as Y/N's Toyota. Speaking of the Toyota, its front bumper is completely obliterated - the headlights, blinkers and windshield in pieces and shards on the pavement.

In the first ambulance there's a guy passed out on a gurney with an ivy rip connected to his arm. In the one next to it is Y/N, sitting hunched over with her head hanging low, her hair falling over her face.

"Y/N?" I rush over to her, reaching out to touch her shoulder but withdrawing my arm in case she has a bruise in that spot.

She lifts her head, a look of relief and happiness flashing across her face. She lets out a sigh, a small smile appearing on her lips as her eyes fill with tears. "Corpse..." her hand reaches out for mine which is still hanging in the air. I give her my other hand and she uses me as support to slowly stand up. She lets go of my hands and wraps her arms around me in a tight hug as a quiet sob leaves her chest. "I was so scared when I woke up. I couldn't remember anything."

"It's ok, you're ok now. I'm here, I'm right here." I gently smooth her hair while carefully holding her in my embrace. She has a few purple bruises along her arms and cuts on her cheek and neck which are covered in white bandages with small dark red stains. The most major thing I can see is the cut on her left temple which is also covered up. I press a tender kiss to the right one. "Are you in any pain?" I pull away to get a better look at her.

Thankfully she shakes her head, "No, I'm ok. My elbow hurts a little but that's it."

I nod, moving a strand of hair behind her ear, kissing her forehead. Just as I'm about to ask her what exactly happened one one of the police officers approaches us.

"A drunk driver. He ran the red light and crashed straight into her car." The officer says, judging by her voice it's the same woman that called me. "You don't remember that, do you?"

Y/N turns to her, "I just remember hearing a loud crash and then darkness. I didn't know what had happened until you told me when I woke up."

The policewoman gives us a sincere smile, lightly touching Y/N's shoulder "It's ok, sweetheart. You are alright, that's what matters. And you have someone here by your side."

Y/N's eyes meet mine when she gives me the most loving glance, the one that I often catch in her eyes - the one that always melts me. "He always is." she says, running her fingers down my arm, interlocking hers with mine when they reach my hand.

The policewoman tells us good night and walks over to the other ambulance. We stick around to see the cars get taken away and Y/N gives her info so they can contact her when the car is repaired. I know how much she loves that car - it's the first and only car she has ever owned. She has had it for about seven years and calls it her child basically. I never thought I'd be jealous of a car in my life - just kidding. But my point has been made - she's never been apart from it or driven another car.

Wrapping my arm around her while she watches her car being taken away, I turn her around, leading her towards my car. "Let's get you home. You'll be 100% under my care and no complaints will be accepted."

She rolls her eyes playfully, snuggling up into my side, "Don't make a big deal about this please. And, for the love of God, don't baby me too much, ok?"

I grin down at her, "What was that, I didn't quite catch it?"

"Corpseeee..." She pouts, a frown on her face, making her look so childish it's absolutely adorable.

"Save the whining, it ain't gonna work." I open the door to the passenger seat, stepping aside so she can get in the my car.

Surprisingly enough, she actually doesn't complain the rest of the way home nor when we arrive. Nor when I instruct her to stay in bed and not move unless it's absolutely necessary. I basically bring all the snacks from the kitchen into our room while she compiles a list of movies we will be watching because no sleep will be had tonight.
"I love you." Y/N says through a sigh halfway through the second movie.

"I love you too. But don't fall asleep." I tickle her side, causing her to giggle and squirm in an attempt to get away from me.

"Ok, ok, but you're gonna have to help me. If I blink, I'll be a goner." She yawns, shuffling back towards me. When she flashes me that hinting wide smile, I know exactly what she's insinuating.

I sigh, giving in with ease. "When you were here before..."

"Couldn't look you in the eye..." she backs me up just as I knew she would

"You're just like an angel..."

"Your skin makes me cry..."

Needless to say, we end up duetting random songs - rap songs, heavy metal, pop songs, some of my songs, some Christmas songs, Disney songs - making it one of the best movie marathons we've ever had, the unfortunate events of the day far behind us and completely gone from our minds.