A Little Childish *

Author: https://thefanficmonster.tumblr.com/

Corpse Husband x Reader (Female)

Warnings: Swearing

Genre: FLUFF

Summary: Corpse and Y/N go to visit Y/N's parents for New Year's. Corpse was promised good food, good company and A LOT of snow. Needless to say, the place didn't disappoint - quite the contrary actually, it exceeded any and all expectations he had.

-f-===--=-

I watch as Corpse is basically floating from one room into another in our shared apartment as he's throwing random articles of clothing in his open suitcase. I have already packed my bags, knowing full well what the appropriate attire is for where we're going.

I look away from my laptop when Corpse comes in for maybe the sixtieth time today, this time carrying a white tee causing me to chuckle. "Corpse, I know it's very trademark for you, but the only way you'll be wearing that when we get there is under a sweater for some extra warmth. I'm not looking forward to having my boyfriend freeze in my parent's house."

He smiles, looking at the shirt in his hands, and shakes his head, "Fine, guess I'll do without it for a week or two." He throws it in our room, not even bothering to check where it'll land before he comes to sit down next to me on the couch, "Keep in mind, you have set my expectations pretty high up there. If I am not waist deep in snow the second we step off the plane, I'll be disappointed."

I give him a side glance, a smirk playing on my lips. Must say, taking on challenges you know you're gonna win is the ultimate high-and-mighty feeling. "Honey, you've got a big snowstorm coming."

* * *

All throughout our trip - I'm talking the drive to the airport AND the flight over - I have kept my eyes glued to Corpse, observing as his eyes sparkled more and more with each foot we got closer to our destination. He has told me the most snow he has seen was less than an inch and I immediately felt it was my duty to change that by introducing him to the magic of Canada - my home. My parents own a getaway cottage in the mountains of Calgary where we used to go every holiday season. My earliest memory is playing in the thigh-deep snow with my older sister and crying whenever our parents had to drag us back inside.

The West Coast of the US was a rather odd surrounding for me, having grown up surrounded by snowy mountains, experiencing Christmas with no snow whatsoever was a true let down and underwhelming feeling. Since Corpse and I started dating about a month after Christmas time last year this will be our first time spending the holidays together and Corpse was more than enthusiastic to visit Canada when I mentioned how much I enjoyed my winters there. We couldn't go for Christmas, but we'll be there for New Year's Eve and the first two weeks of 2021 and I am really excited. I have been dying to see my family that has actually expanded since the last time I visited - my sister has had yet another baby, making her and her husband parents of three very energetic toddlers. The six year old twins - Ashley and Alex - and the three year old Andrew. Or, as I like to call them: The 3 As.

I have warned Corpse about them like seven times despite the fact that he's already familiar with their energy, convincing him that if that's more than he can handle we've still got time to cancel the trip. He didn't bat an eye though, each time telling me not to worry and focus my attention on reliving the moments I've missed so greatly instead of making sure he was having a good time.

"If you're there..." he said, "I'll sure as hell be having a good time."

One step out of the airport and he's already mesmerized. His eyes are shiny reflecting the glow of the snow all around. It's gonna be funny to see his reaction when he witnesses the real deal - the snow in the mountains. This compared to that is a pathetic excuse.