Chapter 16

***And oh we started. Two hearts in one home***

Me and Louis are currently sitting in his car. I left mine at his house, he said we'll come back, that this won't take long. We keep driving and I keep asking him where we're going but he refuses to answer. So we listen to some music from radio and I really have no idea what is the destination we're supposed to drive to.

We finally stop, but I'm confused. We're standing in front of my old house, well our old house. It's the one we used to live in together.

"I don't live here anymore, Louis," I confess.

"I know." He walks towards the front door and tries to open them, but I take his hand. That gesture makes him look me in my eyes. He didn't expect me to touch him.

"I sold it, we can't go inside."

"Who do you think was that anonymous buyer," he chuckles.

He, he bought this house? Why would he do that? Doesn't it bring him all of the memories? Doesn't it hurt him to be here again? I mean he was the one who walked out of this building and left me behind.

He gives me one more smile and then unlocks the door. He opens it and the first thing that hits me is the smell of flowers. I used to go around the house and sprey that amazing smell on everything. Louis wasn't a big fan of it, but he loved that it made me happy.

I slightly turn and on the left there is a huge mirror. We both love big mirrors so there are many of them in the house. However this one is special. Everytime we had a date together, we took a mirror photo right before we left. Later we sticked them all around the mirror. He never took them off, all of them are here. There is almost a half of the glass filled with photos. 

We're both quiet, because neither of us knows what to say.

We go through the hallway and finally enter the living room. This was our favorite room, we spent most of the time here. We used to cuddle every night on the couch and watch movies. We didn't care what was on TV, we were just happy to be close to each other.

The living room is connected to the kitchen, which is white. It looks clean, maybe he takes care of it or he never cooked in it. There is a small TV right above the kitchen counter, because I love watching other people cook while I am cooking. When I was cooking dinner for us, Louis would sit on the counter right beside the TV and made fun of people when things didn't go as they wanted them. 

I look on the floor and there is a glass broken into a hundred pieces. I remember it, the day Louis left with only a letter behind, I got so angry and threw that glass on the ground. I never cleaned it, because there was no point. The glass was broken without a chance of being fixed as well as my heart. Even if I cleaned it, it would still be broken. 

Then he leads me into our bedroom. It feels a bit weird to be here again with him. When I lived here alone after he left, I never slept in that bed. The house is big enough, so there were many other rooms I could sleep in. 

In the middle of the room there is a huge bed with red bed sheets. Louis chose it, it is his favorite color. There is another big mirror in front of the bed. We also took many pictures here but we never sticked them on it. There is one thing missing. I've always had a massive light blue teddy bear on the bed. I got it from Louis for Valentine's Day and since that I've never wanted it to be anywhere else than in our bed. But now, it's not here. I have no idea where it is, because I didn't take it with me into my new house. 

"I wanna show you one more thing," Louis says. I nod and follow him. He leads the way to the only room that had no special purpose. The house is so big that we had no idea what to put there. It alwas stayed empty and we have never spent a second there. 

He opens it and I can't believe my eyes. He did this? "Wow," slips out of my mouth.

I look around and see amazing things. Right opposite the door there is a wall full of photos of us. There is not even a small space which is not covered with a photo. It seems like there are all five years we spent together captured on this wall. I see the photo we took the evening we spent on the beach. We were dancing while the sun was setting and then we went swimming with stars above our heads. Or the one with our matching christmas sweaters.

On the left there is a table with items on it. I step closer to have a better look. There are many things that meant the world to me. There are our matching cups we both bought when we were in France. There are news with articles about Larry Stylinson, we kept them all and made fun of it. Every single time they said that larry is not real, we rewrote it and drew little hearts around our names. Then there is a pink box. I remember it very well, because I was the one who made it. We put letters in it. We used to write each other little letters where we showed our love. Sometimes it was a simple 'I love you' or 'You look perfect today' and sometimes it was a whole letter or a poem. We kept all of them and put them inside the box I made. I loved them to death.

Beside the table there is the light blue teddy bear on the floor. Gosh, I forgot how pretty it is.

On the right side there is a big stand with hangers. There are all of the cloth we used to share. We always bought a full outfit and one of us wore the shirt and the second one the trousers. There is also the t-shirt Harry loves Louis. I wore it with pride. I also got a t-shirt from Louis that says Louis Tomlinson is cute, but his boyfriend is cuter. We used to do this a lot. Whenever one of us had a good idea for a t-shirt, we got it and wore it in the house. 

"Louis," I say with tears in my eyes. I turn to face him and his eyes are also watering.

"What do you think?" he asks. His voice is a bit shaky and unsure.

"I have no words. This is amazing. How did you- Why?"

He takes a few steps until he's standing right in front of me. His eyes are connected to mine and I finally see the little sparkle in them.

"Those two years we haven't seen each other, I missed you so much. I had no idea how I am supposed to survive without you. Your hugs, kisses and cuddles. So this was my escape from reality. Whenever I was in this house or this room, I felt like we were still together. Like everything was fine, I was literally feeling your presence here."

"I-I missed you too," I admit, my eyes are pointing to the ground, I don't have enough courage to meet his eyes.

His soft fingers lift my head, so I have to lock my eyes with his. There is a little smile on his lips and I can't help myself but smile too. It feels like the whole world around us doesn't exist. It's just him and I and I don't want to change that. He's moving closer, I really feel like he's gonna kiss me. But then he takes a step back and says: "We- we should go."

I nod. I am a little bit disappointed that he didn't kiss me, but on the other hand, I feel relieved. I mean, he's engaged. If he kisses me, what would that mean? 

Once again, I'm leaving totally confused.

---

Hey guys!

Aww, pretty cute chapter, don't you think? I honestly really loved writting this one. It fills my heart with love and joy.

I think that they actually have house like this in real life with their memories and things that mean a lot to them. What do you think?

Vote and comment<3

Mary x