chapter 5

Hours later;

    My friends were still trying to convince me to come to the mall with them for their collectively selfish reason. They followed me everywhere I went, making impossible promises. I was so frustrated and so was my wolf Xavier, who wanted nothing more than to put them in their places. My pack is called Golden Moon pack, it's one of the coolest.

    "Ok, okay! I'll come along so just give me some privacy to finish this paperwork or stop frustrating me cause it's fucking annoying! Xavier is mad at you all."

    They all did high fives.

    "You each owe me one." I told them as they were sauntering off. Soon I was done. 

   As we got to the mall, a sweet and amazing scent hit me and I strangely started to search for it but was soon stopped by my friends.

   "Dude, are you okay?" Ray inquired.

    "Yeah, why do you ask?" I partially asked, trying to break the barrier they formed in front of me.

    "Your eyes are changing colours and that doesn't sound good." Cole began and continued, "Is anything the problem, are you angry?"

    I had to answer because they all looked worried "It's hard to explain, it's just this scent. It's amazing in a unique way, you all probably think I am crazy, right?"

    They started grinning at one another, irritating me. 

   Then I lost a little control I had on Xavier and snapped, "Don't push me into slapping that grin off your face!" I growled a bit to show them who was in control and immediately, they bowed their heads slightly in respect, not to draw attention.

    Ray responded, choosing his words carefully. "We apologise, we all believed that you might have found your mate, our Luna. Forgive our attitude earlier."

   My mind became very alert as he mentioned me finding my mate, maybe he was right.

     ----"He is right, stupid human! Find her!" Xavier hollered into my mind. But I responded anyway. "I'm sorry guys, I just lost control a bit. Ray might be correct but how am I gonna find her with all these people around?" The mall was filled with so many people as usual and I was just being stupid. I obviously know how to find her but I can't risk losing control, hurting my mate, exposing our kinds and endangering my friends and pack members. I needed to be in control at all times.

    "It should be like finding a Lily in a garden of roses." Jack answered. "You'll be fine, we all believe in you and trust that you wouldn't do anything crazy." They all nodded in agreement. I love my friends a lot, they are always reliable and a source of support during hard times, not that there are any.

    I followed them as they moved from section to section, picking up the latest gadget, electronic devices. Like, seriously! Is this what they actually wanted that they had to drag me all the way down here to get? What is the essence of running the top tech company if they still had to buy the same thing they designed? They are so dead when we get back to the pack house. The amazing scent became stronger as I moved and it took all the willpower not to go rampage in search of it. I was lucky since no one spotted me long enough to recognize me, not everyone knew that the all powerful Nathan Ross is an eighteen years old kid and also, it's not everyday I come out to a mall.

     I was getting really bored when a lady bumped into me. Oops, not good, not when I'm trying to prevent recognition but then my mate's scent became stronger. It was like the mixture of vanilla and roses then it dawned on me, this was my mate. She tripped and almost fell but I caught her by the waist and found myself staring into her ocean green or was it blue eyes. I nodded to my friends, a sign which they understood immediately and they brought out their phones for a reason I had no clue of.

    I've finally found my mate or rather, she found me. I pulled her up and hugged her tightly, not willing to let go. I loved the sparks shooting through my body at the slightest contact, and I silently hoped she felt that too. Xavier was howling in my mind but I knew that this might be a love story that is already doomed since she was a human. We broke the hug but the there was hardly any distance between our bodies, and none of the shoppers paid any attention to us. "Are you okay?" I managed to ask despite being lost in her beauty. There was no word to describe how beautiful she was. She was perfection from the moon goddess.

   She was probably checking me out too because after a while, she answered, "Yeah, I'm fine. I love you." She blurted out. My friends eyes widened at the sound of that, being a werewolf has its perks from enhanced hearing to speed, rapid healing, special abilities, and lots more . Wow, that was quick, she was already in love with me. I wasn't too surprised because I was sure that she already felt the growing connection between us. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud." She apologized.

    That was cute and I smiled, wondering what else must be running through her mind about me. "Don't worry, it's fine. I don't mind but to make it even between us, I love you too." I saw a blush creep on her cheeks. I actually made her blush! I was happy inwardly. "Mine." I growled out a bit, closed my eyes and gently massaged my forehead after seeing the frightened looks on my friends faces. I cautioned my wolf who was being hyper now.

      "Are you okay?" I heard my mate's perfect, soft voice, which was filled with concern.

     She cares about me! "Yeah, I'm great." I opened my eyes. "Just a slight headache."

      "I understand that, so you need to take some medications and have a long rest." Then she turned to leave.

      "Wait, I don't even know the name of the beautiful and pretty damsel I just saved." She laughed in return. I wanted to learn her name from her but either way, I was still going to find out.

    " Don't worry about that, maybe someday we might meet again, so until then let's leave it to kismet." Then she ran off and didn't even turn back for the last time like I expected. 

    "YOU LET HER GO!!!" Xavier yelled at me and I blocked him. I already felt so sad seeing her leave me but what can I do about it?, She's a human and she might reject me when she finds out that I am not one of her kind. Rejection is one of the few things that can kill a werewolf, it's something I don't want to feel but it's not like I have a choice now. I found my mate and I'm gonna lose her, world record.

    My friends looked at me with sad eyes and I shrugged. Kismet, huh? "I'm leaving." I handed Ray a platinum express card, they all looked like they wanted to say something but they had no clue on what to say.

Picture is of Ray.