chapter 1

Liliana's pov;

     It's a new day.

As I woke up, I slowly stretched out my arms and stifled a yawn as I slowly climbed out of my bed. Today is the last day of school for this week. I quickly did my daily exercise routine, brushed my teeth and had my bath. I was all dressed up in crop top and jeans and was almost done with my makeup when I remembered something.

     Melanie.

  "MELANIE!!!!!!!!" I screamed as I rushed into her room, as usual, she was still sprawled on her bed fast asleep "MELANIE!!!!" I screamed again.

  "Give me five more minutes, mum." She answered sleepily.

  I shook her sleeping figure roughly, jerking her awake. "Mum and dad travelled and there is a very hot guy waiting for you downstairs, like really hot!" Immediately she opened her eyes and jumped up.

  "You're serious right?"

   I laughed. "Nah, we're going to be late for school. I wonder how you got to be the captain of the volleyball team if you keep sleeping overtime".

   "You wanna find out?"she asked sarcastically as she entered her bathroom and screamed from inside, "You wouldn't mind picking out my clothes, right?"

    Just for formalities, I'm Liliana Snow, commonly known as Liana, Lia or Lana. I attend Silverheart highschool and am the captain of the track team. You're probably wondering why I live in the same house as Melanie, who is my bestie. Anyway, my parents and I were involved in a car crash but they didn't make it, so Melanie's parents, who were very close to my parents decided to take me in and become my guardians, so literally Melanie is more or less my sister.

    We are both seventeen years, I have a long brown hair which reaches my waist, ocean blue eyes with green blend of colour and I'm 5'9 tall with a model-like and killer body shape. Melanie has medium blond hair, with hazel brown eyes and she's also 5'9 tall. In short, we're both very beautiful, not meaning to brag.

    Soon Melanie was ready. We had breakfast, which consisted of pancakes with maple syrup and milkshake, doesn't sound like a normal breakfast but who cares. When we were done, we took our bags and entered a convertible which Melanie drives.

    Silverheart highschool.

    It's actually a great highschool but to really survive and have fun, you must be among the categories of the groups of popular kids which is; the rich and powerful kids, beautiful and sexy kids, handsome and hot guys, smart and gorgeous kids, the cuties, the bad boys and worst of all, the slutty brats. I wasn't interested in being a popular girl under the category of beautiful and sexy, but at least I wasn't a school slut unlike Susan. My best friend fell under the category of smart and gorgeous but believe me, she can be very frustrating. 

    With Melanie driving, we got to school five minutes early. "Let's paint the school red." She said enthusiastically, and I agreed with her.

     "Hey Lia, hi Annie".

     "Hi Lana, sup Lanie".

     "Hey there Liana, hey Melly".

     Most students, mostly the unpopular ones greeted us as we sauntered into the hallway, we cheerfully replied and offered greetings of our own. Don't misunderstand us, we may be popular but we're not spoilt brats who consider themselves higher than others because of our social status.

    Speaking of spoilt brats, here comes Susan and her cohort.

    "Hi bitches." She greeted us with pride and her cohort snickered.

    "Hey, slut." Melanie and I replied simultaneously, surprising Susan.

    "How dare you!" She yelled and everyone in the hallway turned to our direction. "Who do you think you are?!"

    Melanie and I laughed mockingly at her outburst of rage.

    "You." she pointed at Melanie. "I wonder what makes you gorgeous cause you are nothing but a frump. And you." She turned towards me. "You should have died along with your parents or better still, stayed in coma for the rest of your miserable life."

    Everyone gasped loudly.

    Susan had hit a soft spot.

    "Stop sprouting nonsense Susan, if you don't have a death wish." Melanie defended me.

    "Are you done?" I spoke up finally, shocking everyone who expected me to break down in tears. "Cos if you are, I want you to know that you must be very foolish to speak to me in that manner. You are nothing but a spoilt brat and slut who doesn't realize her level or status. Unlike you, I don't throw myself and open my legs to every guy I meet. Don't force me to expose you, so since you have no responsible life, just go and haul yourself off a building instead of creating ruckus."

    Everyone in the hallway smiled in agreement.

    "What do you mean... by..... expose..... me?" Susan asked with a shaky voice.

    "That's for me to know and for you to shut up." I answered and Melanie and I sauntered off to our lockers, which are side by side, leaving Susan and her cohort speechless.

     "We are having advanced biology together now." Melanie checked our schedules, which were fortunately quite similar.

The picture is of Liliana.