"Hello? I am still here," Jace teased the two as he spun the sword around in one hand effortlessly.

Alec delicately wrapped his arms around her, embracing Talia's form. Resting the side of his forehead against his girlfriends. His bright eyes sparkled as his face presented nonchalance towards the younger man.

"So?"

The blonde feigned hurt as he stumbled back. Jace chuckled before carving a heart symbol between his hands, looking through it at the two of them.

Alec flipped him off with a massive grin on his face.

"I'll be alright for fifteen minutes Alec, I promise," Talia pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek, not wanting to be in the way of his training, "And besides, I am sat here in case I need anything."

The raven haired man hummed in acknowledgement, but continued to trail a finger across her chin.

Talia knew that he had been wanting to be close to her ever since the attack. Neither of them could fully understand what happened or how she repulsed the power of a Mortal Instrument, but his main focus was her.

Since they had admitted their love for one another, Talia had found herself reaching for him more. Their physical contact kept her grounded with everything that was going on. And she couldn't help but feel a warm sensation in her chest whenever he looked at her with those eyes.

Alec tilted his head in a way that reminded her of a puppy, "What's got you smiling like that?"

Talia blinked slowly before realising the gentle pull of her lips across her face. She hadn't even realised she was smiling at her thoughts.

Her eyes wandered across her boyfriend.

He still wore the clothes he had on during the attack, although his olive coloured shirt now had splotches of dried blood. Splatted across him when he moved Talia from the floor of the main section to the infirmary where Rhianne was found after returning from another Institute.

Blue eyes watched her carefully with a tinge of confusion coating them as she remained silent, a grin forming across her lips as she traced his jawline with her fingertips.

Her eyes locked on his, "I love you."

His dark eyebrows shot up in surprise. Alec blinked quickly, his smile melting her heart as the little dimples in his cheeks appeared.

"I love you too."

Talia heard gagging in the distance from a certain angel blooded Shadowhunter. In response, she threw the wet cloth at him.

The cloth made a wet slapping noise as it made contact with Jace's arm causing him to squeal an inhuman sound in surprise.

Laughter burst from Talia as she rocked herself back and forth in delight. Whilst Alec shook his head in amusement before standing and going to join his Parabatai.

"How did I get stuck with two of you idiots?"

~~~•~~~

As she watched the two best friends spar with the occasional conversation, Talia occupied herself by sipping at the purple liquid in the glass.

It didn't taste as horrible as she had been expecting, but it still wasn't a mixture she'd lay out in front of Gordon Ramsey.

Usually, an Iratze rune would have healed any injury, but since she hadn't been wounded in the battle, it has been unnecessary. She was only strained and sore, which was easy enough to deal with.