"You could have just sent her a text message." Drew said.

"Thanks for suggesting that dad right now dad." Joy responded in a sarcastic tone.

Alex let out a sigh. "Just forget about it." She walked away.

Once Alex was gone, Drew looked at Joy,  "Keep that attitude up and I'll send got back to your mother's for two weeks. You shouldn't have that kind of attitude towards her, nor Alex who is only trying to help you." Drew said in disappointment.

"I'm sorry, daddy,  I just had a long week."

"That's because you made it a long week. Your uncle called me after Alex picked you up from his house,  he told me that you was in your room for days ignoring your mom. Wassup with that?"

"Mama left me at home while she and Brice go out and have a field day. She went to granny's house while I was home by myself, so I called one of my friends and had her pick me up so we could hang out."

"Did you let your mother know?"

"For what?"

"Because as a child, you know that when you're going somewhere, you let an adult know where you're going. You know that."

"No I didn't let her know because she didn't care to answer her phone when I called."

Drew find it strange that LaTrice doesn't answer Joy's phone calls, but she always answers his. He's known LaTrice for a very long time and he must say that she had changed a lot. Her entire personality was different from the moment they met. Maybe he didn't know her as well as he thought. After all, he did find out she was in love with his best friend, but she's a different person now. 

Joy didn't deserve to be treated how LaTrice was treating her, that made him glad that Joy wasn't living with LaTrice because he would have to fight to get his daughter out of LaTrice's home.

He was glad he had Alex, someone who could be a positive influence on Joy by listening to her and teaching her things from a woman's perspective. He knew that he could only do so much as Joy's father and that Joy needed a woman's influence inside their home.

"Look, just don't worry about it. Leave it alone. You had a long week, so just rest up. We're going out for dinner tonight, okay?" He said.

"Okay, daddy." She said before she walked up the stairs.

He walked through the house to see where Alex had gone off to. "Alex?" He called her name.

"I'm in here," he heard her voice come from the bedroom.

Walking into the bedroom, he closed the door behind him. "Are you okay?" He asked as she turned to face him. He face was red and her eyes were watery.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" he asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine." She answered.

He reached for her hand and held on to it. "Alex, tell me, what's wrong?"

She looked him in the eye and more tears came out. "I just don't get how a mother could neglect her child that way. You should never ignore a child to where doesn't even want to come out of her bedroom in your house. That's so sad. That woman should have given up her parental rights to you because she's not being a mother." She cried. "Then again, what do I know? I'm no mother." 

"Listen to me," Drew started, as he sat on the bed and pulled her into his lap, "we'll work on Joy, okay. She may not have LaTrice around, but she has you and I'm glad she has you. You're a perfect example of what a mother is. Just because you don't have any children that you've given birth to, doesn't mean that you can't be a mom. You do great with her and I love the relationship the two of you share." He explained.