☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The next morning Natalie was walking through the hospital's hallways, after a small meeting with her new lawyer. She started fresh about the custody case. And her new lawyer seemed a little more confident about winning the case. So that helped Natalie get back to her confident self. That and the excitement Mark made her feel. "You seem happy. That's odd." Derek spoke when Natalie entered the attendings lounge and put her white coat on.

"The appointment with my lawyer went well. And I'm pretty confident I am going to win the custody of my child back. And I promised her that I'll try to be more cheerful. So you know I am trying." Natalie explained. 

"And that has nothing to do with the fact that you went out with Mark last night." It was probably half an hour ago when Mark was in that same spot Natalie was standing and he was sharing everything with his friend.

"How do you know that?" Natalie asked annoyed. She wanted to keep things quiet until she was sure.

"I just saw him. But you know I can't believe everything Mark says, so I gotta hear it from you."

"I did not sign a contract to give you a report about my personal life." Natalie rolled her eyes and got out of the room, Derek following after her shortly. Natalie checked her pager and she saw that she was been paged in the E.R.

"How many times do I have to say this? Being friends means sharing." Derek was then being paged.

"You share and I bless you with my sarcastic remarks." Derek gave her a look. "Fine. We went out. I-I don't know how this will turn out and he knows that my priority is getting Amber back. But I like spending time with him."

"Spending time with him in which room of the house exactly?" Derek mocked her.

"I give the sarcastic remarks, not the other way around."

"Oh come on, you slept with Mark and I said nothing. I thought you were going through a phase, but now you're going out with him, so what's going on?"

"I am starting to go out with him, that's what's going on, Derek." Her pager went off. She checked it out seeing 911. "What will happen, only time will tell." And then her pager went off again. "What the hell happened? It's 8 am."

"Dr. Turner" Cristina ran up to the doctor.

"Cristina, I know I agreed to teach you, but please don't ruin my mood so early in the morning." Natalie rambled, not noticing the look on the resident's face.

"No, Dr. Turner. It's your daughter."

"What about my daughter?"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Running was a usual part of Natalie's life as a doctor. Patients in critical condition. Incoming traumas. Patients coding. She ran and she was good at it. But she never thought that she would run because the patient was her own daughter. She couldn't even imagine the moment that it would happen.

And as she ran towards the ER, Amber was not the first person she saw. It was Isaac. Laid unconscious and bloody. Big cuts and bruises on his body. And the first shock came, but she couldn't stop running. Not before she could find out in what condition Amber was at. 

"Amber." She breathed out the moment she entered the trauma room. Her daughter was sitting down on the gurney, fully awake, with few cuts on her face and arms. One of the residents, Alex Karev, had already started stitching her up. "What the hell are you doing?" She freaked out when she saw an none certificated doctor ready to fix her daughter.