𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚜 𝚎 𝚟 𝚎 𝚗

So, nothing ended up happening during lunch. Hooni and I just ate together normally (and silently) along with Jaehoon!

Now, that I think of it, he didn't even look at us. He didn't look up from his textbook once. That's how concentrated he was. And like I said before, I really wish I had his dedication.

It was now time for our second-to-last period of the day. Hooni and I walked into the classroom and sat down in our seats. I looked over next to him, seeing Jaehoon still focused on his textbook. What the... wasn't Jaehoon just at the lunch table? How did he get here so fast?!

Then, I noticed Hyung-Chul walk into the room. He looked quite bored. That was until he looked over at me, seeing that I was glaring daggers at him. He seemed to jump in his spot a little bit and continued to walk in the other direction. Ha.

"Good afternoon, class." Our teacher greeted us once everyone was in their seats. "As you all know, we'll be having a test this Friday—"

The teacher then went rambling on about the upcoming test. However, I wasn't fixated on that. I noticed Hooni looked as if he was shivering a bit. I looked over at him, he was visibly shaking.

"A–Another... test..?" He muttered. "Oh, I–I'm going to fail this s–so bad..." Poor dude...

𝙹𝚊𝚎𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅

"A–Another... test..?" I heard the boy next to me mutter under his breath. "Oh, I–I'm going to fail this s–so bad..."

"Tch." I groaned. The boy beside me turned to look at me and jumped in his seat. I could see from my peripheral vision that he had a frightened look on his face as if he'd just seen a ghost. Why is he so tense?! It's starting to annoy me!

"Hey, do you have a problem?" The person next to him spat at me. I looked up from my textbook and raised an eyebrow at them. They seemed to be glaring daggers at me, which made me want to laugh.

"H–Hey, i–it's fine, [Y/N]..." Hoon nervously waved his hands at them.

"No, he laughed at you, that's disrespectful. I'm not going to let that slide, especially since I finally got that one guy off your back. Do I have to deal with another one?" Wow. So that's what this is, huh? They're like his protector or something. What a joke.

"You know what, nevermind. I'm sorry." I started. "However, Hoon, you need to be more on top of your studies. Perhaps if you paid more attention in our classes, you would feel more confident about the upcoming test. That's all I have to say."

Once I finished what I was saying, the sound of the bell rang in our ears. I got up from my seat, still focusing on my textbook, and started walking out the classroom.

Before I went past the door, I heard the person, who I'm assuming is called, [Y/N], shouted something at me. "Don't be so quick to judge! You don't know what he's gone through!" Tsk, how childish.

𝙷𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚒'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅

"[Y–Y/N]! I–I told you, you didn't have to do that!" I squirmed.

They seemed to calm down a bit because they then gave me a wide, nervous smile. "Haha. Sorry about that, Hooni. I just didn't want someone else bullying you now." They scratched the back of their neck.

"T–Thank you for that, but... He's right, actually. I've been doing mentally better ever since you came along, but I haven't become academically better at anything." I confessed, to which they looked at me with a shocked expression. They thought to themself for a moment before looking back up at me.

"I think I have the perfect solution for that!" They exclaimed. They then grabbed my hand, pulling me along with them. We exited the classroom and I could see Jaehoon walking a few feet before us in the hallway.

"Oi, Jaehoon!" [Y/N] called to him. W–What exactly are they planning?!

"Hmm?" He hummed, turning around to see us coming toward him. He gave us a scornful look, but waited for us to catch up to him.

They let go of my hand and shoved their hands behind their back. "So, I was thinking; since you want Hooni to study so bad...

Why don't we hold a study group session?!"