𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚘 𝚗 𝚎

"Let go, or else...

I'll make you."

―――

The orange-haired guy was starting to get agitated. "W–What the hell's your problem?! This isn't your damn business!"

"Well, it might as well be now. Let. Go." I glared.

He glared back at me. "Just... get the fuck out of here!"

"Why don't you do that instead?"

"Ugh, you're so fucking annoying! Tch, you got lucky this time, Hooni." The guy motioned for his lackeys to follow him as they walked away, vanishing behind a corner.

I let out a deep breath, trying to calm myself down a bit. I almost lost my cool there. That wouldn't have been good.

I snapped out of my thoughts and faced the boy. "Um, hey. Are you okay?"

"U–Um, y–yeah. I'm fine..." The boy breathed out, staring down at his lunch tray in front of him.

"Damn, bullies are so irritating. I'm sorry that just happened to you, dude." I said, sitting down in front of him. He looked up at me a bit.

He looked back down at the table. "Oh, um... i–it's okay, it's not your fault."

After that, we sat in silence for a bit. Awkward...

"U–Um, oh! I almost forgot to ask. What's your name?"

"Oh, um, I'm L–Lee Hoon... Everyone just calls me Hooni, though..." He replied, as he started fidgeting with the bandage on his arm.

I smiled. "That's a unique name, Hooni! It's nice to meet you!"

𝙷𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚒'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅

"A–Ah, it's... nice to meet you, too..." I shakily replied, averting my eyes to the floor. This person... why are they being so nice to me?

"So, why were those guys picking on you, anyway? Or were they just being regular assholes?" [Y/N] asked, resting their head in their left hand while poking their food with their fork.

"Oh, um... they... wanted my money―"

"What?! Those assholes! Get your own damn money!" They cut me off as they continued cursing at them under their breath. Wow, it honestly feels... refreshing, to hear someone have the same opinion on them as me. I laughed a bit at their remarks.

"Ah, s–sorry. I got a little off track there, didn't I? Anyway, enough about them. What about you? How's life been to you lately, besides what just happened?"

.

. .

. . .

How am I supposed to answer that..?

How am I, a boy that definitely has nothing in for him in the future, answer that question?

Do I just say "Oh, not good. Not good at all that I really want to just die."?

"Oh, uh... was that a personal question? S–Sorry." [Y/N] then started rambling about other subjects and I happily listened. Or, more like admired. I kept staring at them, but they kept catching me. I honestly couldn't help it...

That was until lunchtime came to an unwanted end.

"Oh! Well, want to walk to class together?" They asked, as they started getting up from the their seat in front of me.

"O–Oh, sure!"

Did I just... make another friend..?