𝚌 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝚝 𝚑 𝚛 𝚎 𝚎

[𝚈/𝙽]'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅

"Hey, Hyung!" A voice called out from a few feet away from Hooni and me. We both turned our heads to see who it was yelling.

It was a boy who looked around our age, maybe a little younger. He had yellow-blonde hair that was slightly disheveled with an undercut. His black eyes were quite wide and he was wearing an open baby blue button-up and a normal black t-shirt underneath. He seemed quite happy as he was coming straight toward us.

"O-Oh. Hey, Soorim." Hooni greeted the boy.

I turned to face Hooni. "Hmm? Do you know this guy, Hooni?" I asked him. He nodded, saying this was his friend, Jung Soorim, who is his neighbor.

"Well, then. It's very nice to meet you, Soorim! I'm [Y/N]!" I held out my hand for him to shake. He looked at my hand and then at me with a blank expression.

Then, a sudden smile appeared on his face before he shook my hand. "Wow, I'm glad you have friends other than me, Hyung. Nice to meetcha, too!" Hoon seemed quite flustered by Soorim's previous remark, so I quickly changed the subject.

"Hey, why don't we all play something together? Oh! What about DDR?" I pointed to the left corner of the arcade where DDR was set up.

Soorim smiled. "Sure, I don't see why not. What do you think, Hyung?" He turned to Hooni.

He took a look at the game setup. "O-Oh, um... sure, I guess." He replied.

"Okie-dokie! Let's go, then! I'm gonna beat your guys' butts!" Soorim started skipping on over there.

Hooni and I followed right behind him. "Haha, we'll see about that!"

-----

"Yeah!" Soorim shouted out of victory. "I beat your butt again, Hyung!" He had beaten Hooni at Street Fighter. Hooni even seemed so determined to win, only to be crushed by Soorim. How is this guy so energetic..?

"So, now what should we do?" Soorim asked. I took a good look around the arcade until my eyes landed upon the karaoke room near the prize counter.

I pointed to the room. "Oh! How about some karaoke? Sounds fun, doesn't it?"

"Sure!"

"Uh, o-okay..."

"I'm going first!" Soorim shouted once we entered the room.

"Why? So you can beat our butts again?" I questioned, letting out a little chuckle after.

Soorim looked over his shoulder at us. "Nah, I don't need to go first for that." He replied with a slight smirk. He then picked a song and started singing.

Let me tell you, his singing really wasn't all that bad. He was actually pretty good. After he finished, I decided to sing next.

Hmm, what should I sing... Ah! This will do!

PLAYING . . .
Nightmares by We Are Fury

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅

"Wow, they're good." Soorim whispered to Hooni, who seemed to be spacing out a bit. He stared at you in awe, listening to your graceful voice. He found it calming, as he started subconsciously swaying side to side to the music.

Heh. Well, he's gone., Soorim thought, a nervous smile on his face as he faced Hooni, who was still swaying along to the song.

"Night-mares in the night.

They try to take me down, when there's no one around.

Are they here to stay-ay..?

Hooni wasn't paying very much attention to the lyrics, but little did he know that he would find himself relating to them.

Hope they're ready for a fight."