Chapter 81: Snowmen, Professors, and Wade

Start from the beginning

The sound of our front doors opening got everyone's attention. A familiar redhead poked his head through the doorway. He set his bag down and slowly approached the group.

"Room for one more?"

"Of course Mr. Cassidy"

"Professor Cassidy"

"Oh hell no"

Move-in Day

We stood in the main hall as Charles approached the large front doors. Now or never. Charles made a show of opening up the two large doors. On the other side of the door was a crowd of students with various facial expressions. A bunch of young kids and uh, Wade. Wade strutted in before any other student could. He marched right up to me and Hank, he gently grabbed Hank's hand and kissed the back of it.

"Hello there Professor," Wade spoke.

"It's uh- doctor actually," Hank gently corrected.

"Doctor! Oh I've got this mole-" Wade started to ramble.

"Piotr!" Hank called out waving over a very large young man.

The very large man approached us and gave Hank a quick hug, engulfing his entire body. I watched as Wade starred at the man in complete and utter awe.

"Well hello there big fella, you don't waste any time do you?" Wade asked.

That Night

I finally got into bed beside Hank and curled into him. I let out a soft sigh of contentment.

"Is it too late to drop out?"

"We're teachers, we don't drop out"

"Not yet, we don't"

"Where ever, you go I go"

"Together?"

"Together."

Author's Note:

Congratulations or I'm sorry, but you somehow read all of this. You read the entire book, which is no easy task.

This is in fact my first ever fanfic, which is cool; I suppose.

Never fear because while this book may be over, the story most definitely is not.

Be sure to return for "We Live Forever". (You see what I did there?)

Chapter 1 is already up! It's ready and waiting for all of you!

This book is filled with dozens and dozens of both pop culture references and references to my own life. Like the snow storm in Brian Head, the games played at game nights were all games me and my friends play, etc.

I have to ask, what did you all think of this story?

Any favorite parts?

Favorite characters?

Most memorable parts?

Thank you so much for all the love and the truly fantastic comments, I hope to see you all in Book 2.

Sneak peek for those of you still here:

7 years later

Crimson's POV:

I woke up suddenly and saw my husband excitedly sneaking into our bedroom. He had a practically falling apart journal in his hands. He dropped the notebook on the bed and gently took off his glasses and set them on his nightstand. I looked down at the notebook and read out the hand-written title.

"The Dreamstride?"

"Yes! It's something very exciting I've been working on."

Hank, now in his pajama pants with his shirt gone, carefully climbed into the bed. He picked up the notebook and flipped through several pages of extensive notes and diagrams. He finally stopped on a page and handed me the notebook.

"You see this here? This is what I've learned from experimenting with different chemicals and mutant genetics, I think I've got something."

I moved my finger to turn the page and felt a sharp pain in my fingertip.

"Ah!"

"Love? You're bleeding..."

Thoughts on this beautiful cover??