Chapter 61

Victor's Kirk's POV:

A Few Days Earlier

All my most trusted allies and I are gathered together to plan. We know that Crimson Howlett must die, along with all other mutants. They are hidden from us, we don't know who and where they are. They all possess abilities that make it much harder for us to take them down. Our job is difficult, but it is necessary for a greater world. 

"Ladies and gentlemen we have been given a very special chance to achieve a major goal of ours. You see Crimson Howlett is being handed to us very soon," I announced. 

"What will we do with her?" One of my allies asked. 

"Well as I've informed you all Miss Howlett is incapable of dying. We will kill her and let the world think that she is dead and in a sense, she will be," I spoke. 

"What is your plan with her then?" Someone else asked. 

"We are going to strip her of her soul, her personality, we will invade her mind and warp her reality to the one that helps us. Miss Howlett will become our weapon. She is skilled in combat, cannot die, and knows the names, powers, and locations of many mutants. She is the perfect tool for us to use," I spoke with pride. 

"How do you plan on accomplishing such a monumental task?" Someone questioned. 

"An old friend of mine, who has since been murdered by mutants, Mr. William Stryker used to employ a mutant. That mutant happened to possess the ability to show people their worst nightmares. To the recipient, it would seem completely real as if it was really happening to them. With the use of that mutant's DNA, I've been able to create a machine that can do just that, no mutant necessary. Except it can create more than just nightmares," I answered. 

Earlier On The Present Day

A car pulled up and it seemed like the day was finally here. This is really happening. He's just going to hand her over to me? Everything is going exactly to plan. The stage was done and the audience was ready. Time for a murder. I approached the car and a nerdy-looking man came out along with a muscular young man with wings. Can I kill them too? No, I have a plan to follow, their time will come later. The nerdy man introduced himself as Hank McCoy and the other man stayed silent. Is he their son? 

Hank opened up the trunk and there she was. She was bound and blindfolded, but I could still recognize her. I can't wait to rip her apart while her loved ones watch.

"Holy shit you really gave up your own fiancee," I stated still not believing what was happening.

"She has to be punished for what's she has done, my fiancee or not. Justice over love," Hank spoke. Mutants will be punished for what they are, she is merely the start of something much bigger. 

"Yes, my friend it is time for justice to be served," I added on. I felt sick calling this man my friend. I want nothing more than to gut him and their son right here. Patience Victor, patience. 

I assist in lifting her out of the car and towards the stage. The crowd is looking on in anticipation, they seem as eager as I feel. She starts to fight against my hold, but she doesn't escape. I look over at Hank and mouth to him. 

"Feisty"

Hank gives me a smile that seems suspiciously forced. Does he really think I'm just going to kill her? I thought this guy was supposed to be a genius. I continue to drag the woman up and onto the stage. The crowd begins to lose their minds and the cameras are all rolling. Just put on a believable show and then take her body for yourself. I lifted her body off the ground and set her up so she was hanging from the rope that bound her hands. I let go of her disgusting body and admired my work. Finally, I pulled the sack off her head. She glared down at me and then looked to her fiance with a look of betrayal. The sight of her so helpless and entirely in my control brought a grin to my face. I turned the audience to properly begin the show. 

"Thanks to her own fiance we now have Crimson Howlett. The woman who murdered more than half the royal family, including the beloved and helpless King Andrew. Tonight she faces trial. So I ask you all, what is the verdict?" I spoke loudly toward the crowd.