Chapter 40

Crimson's POV:

I slowly started to drift back to consciousness. I still felt incredibly weak, but I was awake again. I was awake and Erik was alive? I felt the comfortable bed under me and wondered if we were still at the farmhouse or if Erik had already found the next hideaway for us. I slowly opened my eyes and the room seemed vaguely familiar. I looked to my right and Erik was passed out in a chair holding one of my hands with both of his. He still in his clothes from earlier, his shirt was soaked with blood causing it to cling onto him. Okay, so that was all real. Someone came and killed Erik and then themselves. I brought Erik back to life, which drained all my energy. And Hank only said what he said to save my life. Well, that certainly complicates things. Does that mean he does have feelings for me? I should talk to me and figure all this out. I looked around the room again and a realization struck me, I was at the school? Why was I in Scott's bed? I sat up properly and placed my other hand on Erik's before squeezing them to wake him in a nice way for once. He stirred and quickly looked at me. He smiled at me and I slapped him and then spoke.

"No more dying for you!"

"Aww were you worried about me?"

"I mean you did die... but you also said that you loved me"

"That was just the blood loss, it really went to my head"

"It looks like it went to your shirt"

"You were exhausted I thought if you got hurt, you might not be able to heal..."

"So you stood guard?"

"I mean you did bring me back from the dead, nice job by the way, very dramatic, so I kind of owed you"

"Erik, you do you know you're allowed to say you care about me, I won't tell anyone you have a heart. I promise."

"On a very unrelated note, I'm going to go kill your loverboy now"

Erik stood up and strutted out of the room. I started to say something, but he fuckin' shushed me. 

Erik's POV:

I exited the room with grace and went out to the hall. Peter glanced at me from across the hall. 

"Where is he?"

"Lab"

I tipped my head down to show my thanks before moving to commit another murder. I entered the lab and with the flick of my hand, I commanded some pipes to attach Hank to the wall. I approached him and punched him in the face breaking his nose in the process. His disgusting blood got onto my hand and wiped it off on the collar of his lab coat. 

"Tell me everything," I demanded. 

"That man, King Andrew spoke to me in my head and he told me I had to destroy any chance of Crimson and I getting together and get her to permanently leave the school or he'd kill her. He showed me in my head what he would do to her. Erik, it hurt me to hurt her, but I didn't exactly have a choice," He explained. 

"And I should believe you why?"

"Jean and Charles looked into my head, they confirmed what I said. He told me I was holding her back from her full potential. Judging by the amount of blood covering your chest, you should be dead and I only know one person who could have helped you live through that. I know you died, Erik. I know more because Charles got me my memories back. Now can I please her?"

"Break her heart again and I won't give you a chance to explain"

I released him from my metal hold and he dropped down to the floor. I really don't get what she sees in him. Unfortunately, he makes her happy and that means I have to play nice with him. I really should get cleaned, this outfit was missing something, but it certainly wasn't missing a massive bloodstain that raises many questions. I should really shower. "Charles are you busy?" I thought loudly. 

Charles' POV:

I sat at my desk staring at the whiskey bottle in my bottom drawer. It tormented me and yet I couldn't rid myself of it. It is almost as if the bottle and staring back like it's challenging me. "Drink me," it taunts. Someone knocked on my door and I quickly pushed the drawer closed. 

"Come in," I called out. The door swung open and Hank walked in with a weird rod-shaped object in his hands, blood on the collar of his lab coat, and a bandage on his nose. He set it down on my desk and then took a seat across from me. 

"I've set these of the edges of our property to keep King Andrew out of reach. They form a barrier that blocks out all telepathic abilities from outside of it. However, it still allows you and Jean to use your abilities on those inside and out of it," Hank explained. 

"Well, that's absolutely splendid, Hank!"

"It is just a temporary solution though. King Andrew will send people or come here himself eventually, we need to prepare ourselves for that."

"We will, but I can tell your mind isn't focused on that. You have something else very important to attend to."

"But, Charles this is important!"

"Hank, you need to make things right with her. So, make a plan, step up your game, and fix this!"

"You really think she'll forgive me or even believe me?"

"I've seen her mind, she knows the truth. Andrew slipped up and told her that he forced you to say those things. She wants you, Hank."