Chapter 43

Crimson's POV:

I was working on the jet when an idea popped into my head. When my powers surged I was able to heal an old wound and grow my hand back. When they surged again I was able to heal someone else. Was I capable of combining the two effects? I decided I needed another mind to bounce things off of. I wheeled myself out from under the jet, grabbed a socket wrench, and checked to see if Hank was still working in here. He indeed was once again staring at his work on the whiteboard. I wheeled myself back under the jet and spoke up while still working. 

"Bones, do you think HYPOTHETICALLY I could combine the two things that happened when my powers have surged?"

"You mean heal someone else's old large wound?"

"Yeah, uh- something like that"

"I suppose it's possible... wait a minute what are you planning?"

"You'll see"

"That is not very comforting"

I rolled out from under the jet and set my tools down. I bid goodbye to Hank and began the process of figuring out how to go about this. In order to heal someone else, they need to be wounded. Who here would be willing to get hurt, just to see if I could heal them? 

Scott? Definitely not.

Logan? No, he heals already.

Erik? No, he would tell on me to Charles.

Charles? He would never allow it.

Jean? I feel like she would not be down for that.

Kurt? Nope, I'm not hurting Kurt.

Hank? No, I'd feel too bad.

Peter? Peter definitely seems like he'd agree. 

"Silverware?" I called out. Soon he appeared in front of me. 

"What is it?"

"I have a stupid or potentially genius idea, but you'll have to get hurt..."

"Oh, that's it?" Peter took his hand and slammed it against a nearby table. One of his fingers broke from the impact and he held it up to me with a smile. 

"PETER?!"

"So, what's step 2?"

"Right step 2... what the fuck is step 2? I didn't really think ahead. Umm, let me get really angry and see if your finger fixes itself."

"This seems like the perfect opportunity to tell you I stole some of your CDs"

"You what?!"

"I would've bought them, but Charles has all of us on house arrest"

"Which ones did you take?"

"The Works"

"YOU STOLE MY QUEEN CD!?"

I looked at Peter's finger and the bone slowly straightened itself out. Well, I'll be damned. Is it just anger or any emotion? I suppose we'll have to try a few more times. 

"Silverware, we've got to try more emotions"

"Just fix everything I have to break"

We went through fixing his fingers again and again with several emotions. 

Anger? Check!

Sadness? Check!

Happiness? Check!

Time for the big finale I guess. I said goodbye to Peter and practiced my speech while walking to Charles' office. I've got maybe a 60% chance of him agreeing. I knocked and he told me to come inside. I took the seat across from him and prepared myself. 

"Charles, you know how I brought my hand back and healed Erik?"

"Yes, I do. I hope you're not about to say what I think you're about to say"

"I think I can fix your spine"

"Absolutely not"

"What have you got to lose?"

"That's not the point"

"So, you know you have nothing to lose?" 

"Your body had to take days to recover after healing Erik"

"That's different, he was dead"

"Fine"

"Great, there's one more thing"

"There always is with you"

"This a surprise for Erik's birthday on Friday, so you'll have to keep this a secret"

"Fine."

"So, I'll need you to show me memories that will either be very happy or very sad. Just pick an emotion and stick to it and this should work"

"Should?"

"Can we just start already?"

Charles sighed and raised his fingers to his temple. Thankfully, he decided to be nice and show me my happiest memories. They flashed past in a flurry. I felt myself become weaker, but I forced myself to continue. My head started to dip down and the memories became fainter and fainter. I focused on them as hard as I could before everything faded to black. 

Several hours later

I woke up and still felt somewhat tired, but I opened my eyes and saw I was in my bed. Then I saw it. Charles was talking with Hank and he was standing. Charles Xavier was standing again. Then noticed me and looked over, stopping their prior conversation. 

"Charles... you're standing"

"And you're very perceptive"

"Do your powers still work?"

"Everything is as it once was, I can walk and read your minds. All because of you"

"Erik is going to lose his shit"

Friday Evening

Everyone was gathered in the lounge for Erik's birthday party. He had taken some miscellaneous metal and fashioned himself a crown. He paraded around the room and collected gifts from everyone. He paused in front of me. 

"What have you brought me?"

"It's a surprise for later"

"A dramatic reveal? Don't build suspense, if you can't surpass my expectations"

"I think you'll like it"

"I'd better"

Erik then moved to the next person and collected their gift to him, until he had taken everyone's gifts. He unwrapped them one by one and gave his brutally honest opinion. Finally, it was my turn. I walked over to Hank and removed his tie, then approached Erik and held it up. I tied the tie around Erik's head, covering his eyes. I put a finger to my lips to tell everyone to stay quiet. 

Then I gestured for Charles to come over. Charles stood up out of his chair and everyone's eyes went wide and their jaws dropped. Charles wrapped his arms around Erik in a dancing position and Hank started the music. Charles and Erik's wedding song started playing and Peter started to tear up knowing what was about to happen. I finally undid Erik's makeshift blindfold and he stared wide-eyed at Charles. 

"Surprise"

Erik and Charles started to dance together. Everyone watched and soon all of us were crying. They finally got their dance together and none of us could handle it. They danced together smiling and crying for the whole song. 

Once the song was over Erik and Charles broke apart. Tears still falling from his eyes Erik ran over to me and wrapped me in a bone-crushing hug while lifting me off the ground. I hugged him back and we both laughed. 

"Thank you"