009

"BamBam. Youngjae and Chorong's friend," BamBam held out his hand, smiling. "Nice to meet you,"
"Uh.. I'm Eunji, Chorong's best friend," they shook hands and I could see how Eunji couldn't take her eyes off of him.
"Now that that's over with, let's go because Yoon Nara sees me with you," I grabbed the two boys by their arm and started dragging them away.

Eunji made no move to stop us, still staring at the Thai boy.

"Who's Yoon Nara?" BamBam questioned.
"Chorong's archenemy," Youngjae answered him, a hint of teasing in his voice.
"You have enemies?"

I made a face at him and hit Youngjae on the back of his head.

"Ow!"
"Why are you even coming with us?" I asked, sighing.
"Because someone's looking for him," BamBam explained to me. "We're going to be sitting at separate tables, anyway, so we have privacy,"

When we arrived at the cafe, BamBam sent his older friend away to sit at an empty table as we got one for ourselves. He went to the counter and ordered drinks, coming back to the table and offering me, taking one for himself and giving the other to Youngjae.

"Your friend seems to have taken an interest to me," he said, chuckling to himself.
"Yeah. I suppose she has," I shrugged, thinking about the way Eunji acted. He took a sip of his drink.
"I hope she's not like the others, who fall in love with me without getting to know me,"
"She's not that kind of girl," I told him. "Trust me. She's different,"

He let out a sigh.

"That's what they always say, but they're no different from the others,"

A short silence came between us before he looked back at me, smiling slightly and speaking.

"I suppose you're curious why I asked you to meet up,"
"What is this about, anyway?"
"I'm only telling you this because you make Youngjae happy,"
"I... What?"
"You make him happy. You really do, and I want you to know this since I think you already know what happened to him years ago,"

Yeah, I did. With Baek Ah Yeon...

"She wants him back."
"What exactly does that have to do with me?"

He let out a sigh.

"Please don't pretend to be stupid, Chorong. I know you're not stupid. She's Youngjae's first love. First love can never completely go away. Once he finds out that she wants to get back together with him, we're completely dead. He'll definitely say yes and what if she has to leave again? He'll be crushed. Save from all that hurt, Chorong. I... We know you can do that,"

But they're his best friends. I don't think I can even count to be called his best friend. Friend, yes, but not that... Can't they help him themselves if they want him not to be hurt? Why does it have to be me?

"Why me, BamBam?"

It took him a while to answer. He was thinking, obvious by his expression, and thinking hard at that, too. He took another sip of his Americano and let out a deep breath.

"Youngjae is very.... Choosy... Especially when it comes to his friends. He's scared he'll be betrayed and he rarely talks about people anymore. The only person he brought to that club was Ah Yeon. Before you came along, of course. When Ah Yeon left, he didn't speak much for a long time and was quite short tempered. But now that he met you, now that you guys are friends, he's been really cheerful. The exact opposite of what he was when she left. Who else could possibly save him from all the hurt aside from you?"

I sipped the macchiato he gave me, not knowing what to do. Minutes passed in silence. I sighed and buried my head in my hands for a second.

"I don't know what to do,"