006

"Relax, artist girl. You're not going to fall off the roof," he laughed softly.
"Well that's nice to know," I said sarcastically.

He laughed again and held out his hand.

"Come closer to me,"
"I'd rather stay where I am,"

We were on my roof. Literally. It honestly scared me to go up my roof so he went first and helped me. Don't ask how. I don't want to talk about it or even think about it.

He came closer to me, sitting beside me. I moved a little bit to my side to make space for him, which was weird since we had a huge roof...

"I hate you, Choi Youngjae,"
"Why?" he asked, his voice playful.
"I am scared to death,"
"Don't worry. You won't die if you fall, but you might break your bones and that's pretty much it! Nothing to be worried about!"
"You are not helping!"

He laughed and put his arm around my shoulder, surprising me.

"You're safe with me. Problem is, if I fall, you fall, too,"

I let out a sigh. He really wasn't helping me right now. I was already scared and here he was, making it worse. I'm starting to wonder why I agreed to this...

"Relax, Chorong," he told me again. "I'm not going to let you fall. Promise,"
"Can I go down now? My sister might come home any moment and-"

I stopped talking when I saw his stare being directed towards me.

"It's only nine, artist girl. Doesn't she usually come home by eleven?"

I was silent.

"Just chill. You're not going to get caught. Blame it on me if you do," he said. "Talk to me about anything. Ask me anything you want."
"... Anything?"

What kind of anything?

"Yeah. Anything."
"Who is that Ah Yeon girl?"

I immediately covered my mouth in embarrassment. I shouldn't have asked that! It just slipped out! His smile faded and he lowered his head, letting out a deep breath.

"Is that what you're curious about?"
"You don't have to answer it if you don't-"
"Is that what you really want to know? About Ah Yeon?"

I nodded slowly. Judging from how that was the first thing I asked, I'm probably really curious about who she was. He took a deep breath before starting to speak.

"Ah Yeon was my first love." he started "I met her in my first year of high school, that was when she was already a senior. There were times when I always stayed in the music room, and that was how we met. She heard me singing, and I heard her play the piano. She was the one who taught me, and we spent a lot of time together, so naturally became friends,"

He stopped talking, hesitating.

"After time," he continued. "That friendship turned into something more. I fell for her, and she confessed that she felt the same. We went out a few times, just the two of us, and we were together. We never made it official, but that was how it seemed. When she graduated, she went to college and we grew apart. She was too busy with her schoolwork. She loved music, but she took a business course. I could never understand why. And as years passed, she broke up with me, just a few days before I graduated high school. She went overseas for her college, and that lasted for a while, but now she's back. She always hung out with me and the guys, along with two of Yugyeom and BamBam's friends, so when I bring you to the club, you could see her there..."

He trailed off, sighing.

"You don't have to finish it, you know." I told him gently. "I understand if you-"
"You tell me something now. Tell me about yourself,"
"Umm..."