Hotel Reservation

"Alright , it's getting late . If you go to sleep now you'll be ready for tomorrow" Matthew said looking down at his watch ignoring the sighs of frustration he heard coming from the three girls on the other side of him . "Come on , you have a photoshoot at 4 am , costume fittings for the MTV awards performance at 7 am , and rehearsals that start at noon and end when you have your steps together"I heard my fathers voice slowly tapper off until he was mere background noise .

I maneuvered myself a bit further behind Kelly and Michelle as I used my free hand to to dig around in my purse fighting past the trivial junk like lipstick and tampons until my finger finally brushed against my phone

I maneuvered myself a bit further behind Kelly and Michelle as I used my free hand to to dig around in my purse fighting past the trivial junk like lipstick and tampons until my finger finally brushed against my phone .

Bingo

"Lose something ?" My dad asked making me jump a little as my hand went to my chest as if to cage in my pounding heart in case it tried to escape my rib cage .

It was only then that I realize that Kelly and Michelle had disappeared into their rooms leaving just the two of us standing awkwardly in the hall .

"No daddy , I was just checking the time and trying to find my room key so I could head straight to the shower and go to bed

"No daddy , I was just checking the time and trying to find my room key so I could head straight to the shower and go to bed . Goodnight"I got out quickly as I turned on my heels about to insert my card until I felt the strength of his interlocked fingers around my forearm holding me back .

Damn

"What day was I born Beyoncé ?" He asked .

I could only look at him like he had grown a second head searching his face for any sign of humor sighing heavily when I found none .

This man was dead ass serious as if I would know what day his mom pushed him out into this world . And even if I did somehow have that day in my memory it would've been long gone after all the rehearsing and interviews we did today . I've been in the studio so much I thought I was gonna have to change my address and let them send my mail there because I barely saw my house or my bed . Why couldn't he just let me rest my Brain ?

If I wasn't his child I'm sure I would he in my room knocked out and not in the hallway answering questions that could've been on jeopardy: I racked my brain for a few dates since I knew his birthday was in January just like my moms but nothing came to mind .