Unsaid Memories

Ever since Sakura saw Chaeyeon in the coffee shop, she can't stop thinking about the other girl. There is this guilt inside her that she needs to resolve. Also, after hearing from Minjoo that her friends' lives are at stake, it stresses the girl even more.

It was morning, and she's in the same café where she saw her ex-bestfriend.

"Yujin and Wonyoung are probably back in Korea now. Why do I keep messing up?" Sakura thought while holding her temples.

"What's with that face?" a girl suddenly spoke to her.

Sakura lift her head and saw Chaeyeon who is smiling at her.

"Mind if I take that seat?"

Sakura only nodded.

"What's with your face, by the way? Is your dad stressing you out?" Chaeyeon asked.

Sakura saw how concern the other girl is.

She sighed.

"Things are pretty messy right now."

"I heard your father is going to conquer Canada. Good for your family."

"Yeeep. Thanks." Sakura took a sip of her coffee.

Chaeyeon knows that the stress of Sakura is not from the company work, but something deeper.

Flashback

She knew her since birth. They literally grew up together. One day, she was surprised that Sakura can't remember some of their memories together. Suddenly, Sakura became distant from her.

Chaeyeon witnessed how Sakura and Minjoo became a couple, and Sakura asked her to keep it from their families since she don't want her dad to know about it. It gave her the hope that it's an opportunity to be friends with the other girl again. After all, Sakura is her first love. She listened to every rants, stories, and everything. She made sure that she'll be there for Sakura.

She was busy studying for SATs. Her dad made sure that she won't be slacking off since she's aiming to study in Harvard. Her phone, laptop, and other gadgets were confiscated. She's only allowed to use it after dinner. Sakura knew about it, and they talk every night about their dreams, and it hurts her when Sakura is including Minjoo in her future.

One day, while she was studying, her door opened and saw Sakura, angry and sad. She kept blaming her for something she don't even understand. It's difficult to explain yourself when you don't even know the thing that you did. When she dropped the bomb about her father, she knew their fathers did something to her. Yes, Lee's company was shaky during that time, but she didn't expect that it will be the cause of the downfall of their relationship.

"Wait. Why are you talking about my father? Do you realize how rude you are right now?"

"WOW. YOU'RE NOW CALLING ME RUDE? TELL ME HOW MUCH MY FATHER PAID YOUR FAMILY FOR YOU TO BE MY FIANCEE?"

Chaeyeon heard the word fiancee, and she don't remember agreeing to be Sakura's fiancee.

"What do you mean by fiancee?" Chaeyeon asked her again.

"DON'T BE STUPID CHAEYEON. MI--MINJOO BROKE UP WITH ME BECAUSE MY FATHER TOLD HER I'M ENGAGED WITH YOU."

As Sakura started to cry out loud, tears also fell down from her eyes. She don't even have the intention to hurt her.

"IT WAS ALL OVER THE NEWS. I TOLD MY DAD TO TELL MINJOO IT WAS A LIE, BUT HE DON'T WANT IT. NOW, I FEEL SO ANGRY BECAUSE YOU WERE PART OF THIS. I AM SO ANGRY."

Chaeyeon wants to explain. However, she don't know how, because she's also a victim here. She needs to know the truth to explain her side. She tried to hug her, but her bestfriend stepped back.