Captivated 32

Chapter 32: Yellow

Josephine

Hero lays back on the couch, pulling me to lay on his chest. My eyes close, listening to the sound of his hearbeat and I feel a blanket pulled ontop of our naked bodies. His heartbeat is rapid, still trying to slow down. The thump against my ear calms me and dulls the pain in my chest.

"I made reservations for dinner tonight on my way from work. It's at a fancy Italian resturant, that's if you want to go." He says in a deep, tired voice that vibates from his chest, making my head feel like it's ratteling.

"I would love to." I say barely above a whisper. "I reserved a table in the back away from a lot of people so it should be a peacful night. We have to be there at 8." He says, making my head rattle again as he speaks. It's 6:44 now so we still have an hour.

"Are you ready to leave now?" I ask and I feel him shrug a little. "We can wait a little longer before we leave." He says softly and I nod. The urge to stay here in this position with Hero takes over but dinner with him actually sounds really nice.

"Are you going to fall asleep on me?" He chuckles, sending a wave throughout my body.

"Mmm, I'm thinking about it." I say tiredly and he chuckles again. "I can cancel the reservations." He says and I shake my head. "No, I want to go to dinner with you." I say and he wraps an arm around my waist. "Me too baby." He says, running the tips of his fingers along my spice, making me shiver.

"Are you cold?" He asks and I shake my head. "No." A few minutes go by, neither one of us saying a word. Just laying with him, I feel like I can fly. His presence, his heartbeat, his touch, it's the best feeling in the world.

"Hero..." I say softly and he hums in response. "You have no idea how much I love you. With every breath I take, it's like I fall farther in love with you if that's even possible. Everytime I'm with you, I feel like I'm on cloud nine, which is almost all of the time. And every touch, every look you give me... I feel so safe and at peace. And when I left, it felt like the entire world just stopped turning... you are my world Hero. I don't ever want to live without you, I can't live without you." I say, my eyes still closed.

"I don't think that there is anything I could say that could top that." He says, his voice sounding so dreamy. "There is something you can do though." I say.

"And what's that?" He asks quietly. I smile against his chest, knowing exactly what I want. "You can buy me that ring. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I say and I can feel his breathing stop. His fingers move under my chin, pulling it up to look him in the eyes. There are sparkling, overflooding with happiness.

"You want a ring? Right now?" He asks, hope in his voice. "Yes Hero, I want the ring. Right now." I say with a smile on my face. His face lights up with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"You know, it's funny you say that." He says and my brows furrow. "How so?" I ask and he chuckles. He sits up with me on his chest. I sit up and scoot over, wrapping the blanket around my naked body as he pulls on his boxers. He reaches into his suit pants pocket, pulling out a black velvet box.

"I was supposed to be doing it tonight at dinner but since you want it now." He says with a big smile on his face. I gasp as he opens the box, revealing a square cut diamond. The sliver is twisted with a few rose gold strands and at the angle the ring is sitting, I see two words etched into the bottom of the ring.

'Forever and Always'

Our words

"Hero..." I gasp again, trying to keep my tears of happiness from falling. "I never thought that this is how I'd propose to you. Half naked and standing by the couch with you wrapped up in a blanket after we just had sex." He says laughing a little.