Captivated 6

Chapter 6: Truth

Hero

"Because I was fucking raped Hero! I'm afraid that someone is going to hurt me again!" She yells and I feel myself stop breathing.

Someone raped her, hurt her?

That's why she's always so distant and worrysome. I can't imagine someone hurting her, I don't want to imagine it. I would kill someone if they ever tried hurting her while she is with me.

I feel this acheing pain in my chest for her. I never thought that what was going on was this big but I was wrong. I don't want her to hurt, I want to sheild her from all of the pain that was caused. I want to protect her with all of my being. I will protect her. I just want her to let me in, and I understand how it's hard for her to let me in. I'm surpirsed that she's even considered letting me into her life.

"What?" I choke out. She nods her head confirming it and tears fall from her eyes. I walk over to her and stand in front of her, bringing my hand up slowly and wiping her tears away. She doesn't flinch away but she rests her face in my hand. I bring my other hand up and cup both of her cheeks so that she can look at me.

"Josephine..." I say but trail off, not finding words to explain how sorry I am for pushing her to tell me. "I don't want to know how it happened. And I'm sorry that I forced you to tell me. I promise you that I'm never going to hurt you the way that he did, I promise." I say and she looks up at me. "They." She says correcting me.

"They? You mean that there was more than one guy?" I ask, raising my voice a little and her eyes close. She nods and my hands drop from her face. I start pacing around and I can't help but run my hand through my hair, pulling at the roots. It's a nervous habit of mine and I can't help it.

"So they were the guys that you were talking about, the ones without good intentions?" I ask, frustrated and she takes a step forward. "Yes, it was three guys. They took my virginity from me when it should've been someone special." She says and looks at me nervously. "It should've been you." She whispers and I stop pacing, looking at her now.

She walks up to me slowly and places her hands on my chest. "Please calm down." She whispers and I sigh, closing my eyes. "I don't want to imagine anyone ever hurting you." I say with pain in my voice. It hurts to talk about this, I don't want to know about her getting hurt.

"It's over now and there is no way to take it back." She says and I sigh again. "It's not over. This is new to me, I don't know how to let it go." I say and I sigh again, looking down. She places both of her hands on either side of my face, pulling my head up to look at her. "Look at me." She says and I open my eyes, looking at her.

"I'm okay." She says and I shake my head. "I'll never hurt you, I need you to know that." I say and she nods. "I do know that." She says and she leans up to kiss me. I dip my head down and kiss her lips. She pushes me back and I hit the edge of the couch, and I sit down. She sits on my lap and she kisses me more roughly. Where did this new found form of bravery come from? She pulls back to take a breath and I stare at her swollen pink lips.

"You've never felt how good it can feel." I say and she looks at me in confusion. "You don't know how good your body can actually feel. No one has given you that satisfaction." I say and her face twists in realization. "I want to be the one to show you how you can feel without forcing you into it." I say still looking at her lips. "I want you to trust me, and give yourself to me so that I can keep you safe. I want to protect you, and give you a life of enjoyment. A life that isn't filled with horrible memories of that night." I say and she bites her lip.

"Let me be that guy. The guy who gives you the world, because you deserve it." I say in a trance and she smiles. My eyes shift up to hers and she leans down, kissing me. "Okay." She says and I pull back, staring at her in disbelief. "Really? I thought that it would be harder than that." I say and she chuckles. "It won't be easy. But I'll try with everything I have to give myself to you, all of me." She says and I smile. I lean in and kiss her again, slowly at first, then more hungrily. I pull back and look at her, not wanting to take it to far in just one night.