Captivated 13

Chapter 13: Nightmares

Hero

The shower went surprisingly quick. There wasn't any touching, or groping. And if I'm being honest, seeing her completely naked in front of me, turned me on again. Most of the shower, she was facing away from me while she was washing her hair and her body. When we got out, I turned around completely so that I didn't watch her get dressed. She kept telling me that it was okay to turn around and that it wasn't like we didn't just take a shower.

We both got dressed in almost complete silence. It wasn't awkward or anything, it was just that neither one of us had anything to say. We walked out, and just decided to lay down on the bed to relax and to talk. She is laying in my arms, her head on my chest and my arm wrapped securly around her. My other hand is behind my head, making me lay more comfortable. I look down at her, seeing that she had fallen asleep just laying in my arms.

I lay back, closing my eyes and when I get relaxed in the silence, my phone buzzes and my eyes shoot open. I look over at it on the table, seeing it lit up. I reach over, grabbing my phone and looking at the text. It's a message from Cheryl.

Cheryl- So, what are you going to get Josephine for her birthday?

It asks and my eyebrows furrow in confusion. I look down at Josephine as she sleeps soundly in my arms.

Hero- When is her birthday? She never said anything about it.

Cheryl- It's tomorrow... she didn't tell you?

Hero- No... she didn't say anything about it.

I tell her and she sends back an emoji with it's arms raised and shrugging. I turn off my phone and I stare down at Josephine.

I wonder why she didn't say anything about her birthday. It's only a day away! How am I supposed to figure out how to get her something in only a day! I can't believe that she didn't tell me. Well, I haven't told her my birthday either but mine is in like 3 months.

I take in a deep breath, sighing it out and closing my eyes. "Hero..." I hear her tiny voice say. I look down at her and I see her eyes still closed. Is she dreaming...? About... me?

"Hero... please don't... don't..." She says in her sleep, whimpering it. "Hero... please..." She says like she's crying. "Jo..." I whisper to her in confusion.

"Don't..." She says, whimpering again only louder this time. "Stop!" She yells in her sleep and she jolts awake. "Jo" I say in confusion as she looks around the room. When she turns to look at me, her eyes have fear in them. I can see the tears shining through and I expect her to hug me but she jumps away from me, whimpering. She isn't paying any attention so she falls off of the bed, and I can hear the breath being knocked out of her.

"God Jo." I say and I jump out of bed and rush to her side. Even as she is trying to catch her breath from hitting the floor so hard, she starts backing away from me again, and she starts shaking her head, crying. "No, no, no, no, no, no." She repeats over and over again. "Josephine, baby, it's me." I say and her back hits the wall, causing her breath to get knocked out of her again.

"Fuck..." I whisper and kneel down beside her. "No! Get away from me, you're only going to hurt me." She yells, her voice cracking as she starts crying even harder.

"Baby, it's me. Hero." I say as I try to look at her in her eyes but she keeps turning her head. I grab her chin softly to look at me but she pulls away quickly and her hand flys up, connecting with my cheek, making my head turn a little.

What. The. Fuck.

I look at her and her knees are pulled up to her chest, her head buried in them as she crys. Realization hits me as she shakes from fear and crying. She had a dream about that night... only I don't think that it was them doing it to her.... but me.