On The Verge Of Passing Out

Start bij het begin

I nod, pressing my face to his shoulder again; he rubs at my back before pulling away to tilt my chin up. His lips encase mine softly, I can feel ridges of chapped skin and taste traces of tobacco; I pull him by his neck for more. I sigh contently, letting his tongue slip in –

"I did not spend twenty minutes looking like a little emo boy while you two were sucking faces," a new voice says, half annoyed, half amused.

I pull away instantly from Matty, my hand coming to cover my mouth as my cheeks heat up wildly. The boy before us is eyeing me with a small smile to his lips. His eyes are dark and he shares similar facial features to Matty, but the most stark difference is his hair; straight and combed back contrasting Matty's wild untamed curls.

Matty slumps against my car, rolling his eyes but clasping my hand, "Marcy, this is Louis, my kid brother, Louis, this is Marcy. My girlfriend."

"For now, mate," he chuckles, puling my free hand to his lips, kissing my knuckles. I laugh, grateful for how sweet he was, my earlier conversation with Matty retreating to the back of my mind. "Lovely to meet you, Marcy."

"Yes, because she's going to leave me for a child." Matty stresses.

Louis raises an eyebrow, "Hey, I believe the age difference between Marcy and I are much shorter then the age difference between you and Marcy."

"Okay but you and Marcy are illegal you twät."

"Matty," I scold lightly.

"Don't start defending him," He pries his brothers hand away from mine and goes to stand between us, wrapping an arm around my shoulder before leading us to the restaurant. We were supposed to meet up some time ago, Louis had been badgering Matty for days and Matty has been badgering me. He had initially thought it better for a family gathering, but after what went on with my family on my birthday, I asked if we could ease into this instead.

I had even gotten George and Ross to let him introduce me to his brother first, but it was Adam who had asked if he had fallopian tubes, earning leeway into the confrontation.

"What?" He had questioned, confused at the sudden inquiry. The chatter had stopped among them, equally confused as Adam went on, rolling his eyes.

"Do you have fallopian tubes, Matthew?"

"Um...no, Adam, I do not have fallopian tubes...?"

"Really?" Adam deadpanned, "Are you sure? Because you look like a pussy to me." I had been so shocked that I nearly forgotten to laugh, but it worked because Matty sulked off, calling his brother and setting up a date.

I lean over Matty to look at Louis, "I'm really sorry we were late, Louis."

"Oh its no problem, babe, shit happens."

"You're fourteen, watch your fucking mouth," Matty frowns after asking the hostess for a table for three.

"I'm fifteen," Louis scoffs.

"Since when?"

"My last birthday," he says it like it's the most obvious thing in the world, and granted, it is. I giggle and Matty glares but Louis grins at me, sliding into the booth, sitting across from us. Matty keeps my hand held under the table and I try to start a conversation, asking Louis about school. It quickly turns into an animated conversation and Matty's ordering his third cup of Sangria, pouting at us.

He chimes in every once in a while, but it must seem like we're talking another language because he frowns and asks, "What's a ratchet? Is that like, for tennis or something?"

I choke on my drink and Louis shakes his head, continuing to eat his food. Soon we're two hours in and Matty's on the verge of passing out.

"Hey," Louis tells me, "It was a pleasure meeting you, you're much lovelier than the girls at school," he winks, "But I should get going...and you should probably take care of the drunkard." He stands up, reaching into Matty's jacket to find his wallet. Matty only mildly protests, too twisted to even speak. Louis pulls out a few bills and places it on the table before helping me to get his brother out and into the car.