Chapter Sixteen: Truth or Dare

So, this chapter was never actually finished, but I figured I would put it up. If you've read this far... I am so sorry for you and your brain XD

*~*~*~

V alentina? Val?"

At first I didn't react, but then I realized what Damien was doing. "What?" I asked, but he sighed and shook his head. "Sorry. I'm still getting used to it." Valentina, or Val, was the name of the girl who had stolen Tony's heart, and was going to have to be the name I responded to in an hour, when our mission started. It still felt weird thinking of it as a mission. It made me think of something a book character would go on.

Damien sighed, shaking his head. "You're going to have to remember to respond to that or the mission will fail miserably." Damien sat down next to me in Tony's living room, where I'd stayed last night. Damien had stayed too. We'd both slept on the couch, which apparently folded out into a bed. It was eight in the morning, so Tony was still asleep. Well, he had been. Damien had just went into his room to wake him up.

"I'm sorry," I repeated. "Did you wake up Tony?" I was thinking about the fact he'd been gone for about ten minutes. Apparently the Rogue Hunter was hard to wake up.

Damien glanced back the way he'd come. "Not sure. He said he was awake, but he seemed to be half asleep when he said it, so I'm not all that sure." He smiled. "And I thought Max was hard to wake up."

I laughed. He walked over, sitting down beside of me. I could tell just by looking at him he was tensed. "I'll be fine," I reassured him. "I swear I'll come back." I smiled gently at him, grasping his hand and squeezing it. "I'm just as scared and nervous as you are, but I'll come back no matter what." I looked deep into his blue eyes. "I have to save my dad. There's nothing that will stop me from getting the antidote."

Damien sighed. "So persistent," he mumbled, brushing my hair behind my ears. It seemed like he did that just to touch my face at times. "But that's one of the many things I love about you."

"Good morning," a male voice said from behind us, making both Damien and me jump. Tony leaned against the back of the couch, his face between our faces. "So this is how I'm going to have to act today, huh?"

I rolled my eyes. "You sound eager," I teased. "You excited to act like my boyfriend or something?" I smiled at him, and so did Damien.

Tony smiled, the same tone I'd used to tease him in his voice. "Well, you are pretty cute," he said, joking around even more by looking me up and down. He smiled at me.

Damien laughed. "I'm not so sure about this plan anymore," he said, joining in on the jokes. "Especially not when you're deciding to you actually like the part of faking your boyfriend and girlfriend."

I laughed, but even though I was acting like I was having fun, there was still that weight on my shoulders. My body was more tensed than usual, despite the fact I was joking around. I glanced at the clock, expecting it to be an hour already. I took in a deep breath, clenching my fist. I felt as if my nervousness was as heavy as the weight of my father's life.

Damien as if noticing my tension, suddenly stopped laughing. He pursed his lips, probably weighing his options on what to do. He squeezed my hand, meeting my eyes. That's all he had to do. Just knowing he was there for me somehow calmed me. It always seemed to do that, but this was the first time I was so affected by the calmness being with him caused. I closed my eyes and sighed. Just calm down, I told myself. You will get through this. It's for Dad.

An hour slowly went by, me getting more and more tense as it did. I half way wished it would have went by slower. Just to be able to sit down with Damien and relax for a few more minutes would have been nice.