Chapter Fourteen: Rogue Hunters

Start from the beginning

"Now put it into the oven," he ordered.

I nodded, grasping the pan and putting it into the oven. I glanced at him, seeing him nod, before turning it on. When I was content and sure it wouldn't explode, I turned back to Damien and smiled. "Well, the house is in one piece, at least."

Damien smiled before walking over and kissing me on the cheek. "Told you you could do it," he said. He entwined our fingers, gesturing toward the dining room. "Shall we go and help out Abs?"

I smiled at him before nodding. "I think she'd like that," I replied. I walked with him to the room next to the kitchen, eyes narrowing as I saw Abs covering almost ever inch of opening with tape. "A bit much, Abs?"

She swirled around in surprise when she heard my voice. When she realized it was just Damien and me, she calmed down and smiled. "I don't think so. Why? Do you?"

I laughed. "No. It'll only take my dad half an hour to open each presents is all," I replied. After looking at the other presents, I concluded she'd done the same thing to all of them. I looked over at her, shaking my head a bit. "Maybe me and Damien should get the rest while you go and watch the cake."

She raised an eyebrow. "What? You not like the way I wrap presents?" Abs asked. She looked angry for a moment, but then a mischievous smile appeared on her face. "Then again, nobody does." As she walked toward the kitchen, she called over her shoulder, "Meaning you'll have one heck of a time opening your presents."

I watched her go, knowing she meant it. Knowing that she wrapped my presents exactly as she'd wrapped my dad's. That was something to look forward after the party. I sighed, but I still smiled. Turning to Damien, I gestured toward the presents. "Shall we?"

Damien nodded, sitting down beside of me after I sat down. He wrapped up one present while I wrapped up another, both of them being presents from me. It only took us ten minutes for both of us to wrap up the rest of the presents.

I glanced at my watch. We still had about and hour and a half, maybe less, until my dad got back. I looked back up. "Okay, now it's time to put up a few decorations," I said. I frowned. "Crapazoid!"

"What?" Damien asked, shocked. "What's wrong?"

I sighed. "I forgot to go to the freaking store to by the stuff and the dang pizza," I replied, running a hand through my hair. "I guess I've been a little stressed since school."

Damien pursed his lips, obviously trying not to say something. "How about I got get it?" he suggested, car keys already in his hand.

I shook my head. "No. You stay here and make sure Abs gets the cake out in time. I'm the one who's going to go get the decorations, okay?" I waited a few moments, grabbing my car keys after he nodded. "See you in a bit then." Before I turned, Damien gave me a gently kiss, walking me to the door afterward.

I smiled at him briefly before running to my car. Damien shut the door after I pulled away, and the next second I saw him appear in the kitchen, making Abs jump. I chuckled as I sped off. I quickly got the party things, meaning plates, balloons (despite my dad saying he thought they were too childish since I know he loves them), two birthday candles, one in the shape of a three while the other was in a shape of a five, and green camouflage streamers. I know he was an adult, but he still liked this kind of stuff. After paying, I got back into the car, pulling out my cell phone. I looked through my list of numbers, hitting select when I came to my father's favorite pizza place. I ordered five large pizzas, two plain cheese, two pepperoni and cheese, and the third one had pineapples for Abs and me. I loved pizza the most, but pineapple pizza was a close second. It took me about ten minutes to get to the pizza place I'd ordered from, and then about fifteen minutes more to get the pizzas I'd ordered.