Chapter 2 Meeting with Two Gods

Start from the beginning

#2

The blonde- haired guy looked like he was about to cry , the white haired guy on the other hand had an irritated expression on his face

The blonde- haired guy looked like he was about to cry , the white haired guy on the other hand had an irritated expression on his face. Selene and the two weird guys stared at each other for long time.

"So... Who are you two and where am I?"Breaking the silence, she asked. Selene who was supposed to be peacefully sleeping on her new soft and comfortable bed, was bewildered to find herself in an unknown space which had nothing but the two men staring at her.

" I am Sortis, the god of Fate" the white-haired guy introduced himself.

" You are God of fate? Like The God of fate? " she asked,her right eyebrow arched.

"Yes, that is correct."Sortis said.

" And he is?" she asked pointing to the blond- haired guy who was drowning himself in some unknown misery.

"This idiot here is Auries, the god of rebirth."Sortis introduced the blonde, grabbing him by the scruff.

"God of rebirth?" Selene had never heard of such god.

"Well, he takes the souls from the reapers and delivers them to their next life but looks like he does not need his job anymore." Sortis said while glaring at Auries.

"T-this is the last time I promise-" Auries said with teary eyes.

"We both know how much worth that promise is." Sortis said cutting off.

Auries averted his eyes guiltily.

"So.... what do two gods want from me?" Selene asked.

"You start." Sortis ordered Auries.

"W-well you see I kind of messed up your life...." Auries said scratching the back of his head.

"By messing my life you mean?" Selene asked.

"By that he means that he made a stupid mistake which made your life or should I say fate go off track." Sortis said.

" How?"

" You see, all the souls from all the worlds have an identification number. By all souls I mean each and every soul that has ever existed. Some souls even have 15 digit long number as their identification number."

" Fifteen digits?! That's a lot of souls, I wonder how many other planets are there like Earth to accommodate so many souls. " Selene mused.

" Yes, that's why I -." Auries started.

" That doesn't excuse you for your blunders, and this is not the first you made such a mistake either." Sortis said cutting off.

Auries shut his mouth again.

"So as I was saying that there are many souls which we gods have to handle , this idiot here mixed up a pair souls because of their almost identical identification numbers. One of the souls was yours. Since the identification number is the thing we use to identify and attach almost everything to a specific soul, everything you were supposed to get got exchanged with the other soul. Unfortunately the soul you exchanged with was to be attached with a not-so-good fate because of its misdeeds in its past life ..... Actually you were meant to have a very good life."