💧⛰️ 9 🔥🌀

💧

Natasha:

Something tugged at my heart when I saw Lucy laying on her bed, everything dark in here, without that excited glint in her eyes that I liked so much. She didn't even look at me when I slowly walked into her room. Ice looked up, though, waving his tail when he saw me. The dog sat up and nudged my hand when I was close to the bed.

Careful, I sat down at the edge of her bed.

"It's my fault he died. I could have saved him... If I just reacted faster... or reacted at all.. I could've saved him." She whispered.

"No, you're too hard on yourself. Don't do this... You've done everything you could. In fact you helped me... even saved me. I'm grateful for that, really!"

She threw me a glance like she was trying to read if I really meant it.

"Experiencing death like that isn't easy. It's never easy. Yes, there was a time when... when I didn't care at all and was able to kill anyone if you gave me the job... not anymore, though... Today I know..."

"Do you remember them? Do you ever see their faces when you're actually trying to sleep?"

"I do... I remember them all. I looked most of them in the eyes when I killed them... saw their expressions, and sometimes I still see them." I admitted.

"How do you deal with it?"

I sighed. This is a question I wasn't sure how to answer. But eventually, I looked her in the eyes.

"For a while, I was still doing jobs... still assassinating people for others... but I only hunted the bad ones... no one who was innocent. I'd get money for it and use it to help and support the families of the innocent souls I killed during my time in... in the Red Room. I don't do that anymore as well. Killing like that is wrong. I do everything I can on this mission or others for SHIELD... But I don't want to be an assassin like that before. I was trained to be a killer, Lucy. But I do everything I can to walk on a different path now. No matter how long it takes... I'll take any chances and now is yours to take... to show Loki he was wrong to mess with you like that!"

I was quite surprised about myself... that I opened up about it all. I didn't know why since we didn't know each other for too long. But I guess it wasn't too hard with her. I felt like I could trust her. 

Lucy turned her head towards me. I think she got the hint of my last sentence.

"We found Loki, and we're about to go and stop him... as a team." I said, "but we'll need you."

"You don't need me. I'm just in your way... I'm just a kid!"

"Lucy, no! You're not. We do need you... I need you. There's something special about you, I know it. Now's your chance to end all of this... to end Loki. You can get justice in the name of Phil Coulson! So what do you say? I'll be by your side the whole time, and when this is all over, I'll make a fighter out of you, like you asked me to train you... I promise!"

Abruptly, Lucy sat up, still looking at me. But it seemed as if determination could be seen in her eyes. I got her...

"Let me put on my suit then." She said.

I smiled, happy to have convinced her. Ice barked happily as well and bounced around the bed. Both Lucy and I chuckled. 

Yeah, it definitely felt good with her.

💧

Lucy:

Nat led me to the others who were waiting near a Quinjet. All of us were in our full uniforms. Steve wore his helmet and had his shield. Tony had his Iron Man suit, which he repaired after that sudden assault. Nat attached her glove gauntlet on her wrist. I definitely don't want to get on her bad side when she had those on. I could practically feel the electricity that charged through them. Then there was also that Clint-guy who had a bow and arrows with him. And I felt like a true Kung fu fighter in my outfit. Especially since it was made by Mr. Stark. I had my staff in hand and was ready to use it on Loki as soon as I saw him.