💧⛰️ 3 🔥🌀

🔥

"Of course you're coming back again. But I guess it's not too bad... Having some company."

The only answer I got was a "meow" and a purring sound coming from the black cat that visited me every time I paid my apartment a visit. I stayed here whenever I wasn't working for SHIELD and when I was doing... other jobs. The kind that's supposed to redeem me from my past.

A sigh escaped my lips as Liho, the cat, pressed their head against the palm of my hand. The cat would just keep coming back to me no matter how many times I tried to send him away.

I smiled when I patted the furball and looked up at the beautiful night sky. We both were outside of the window of my bedroom which led to the roof of this building.

"She had a companion as well. A dog with eyes just as stunning and adorable as hers." My gaze turned to Liho in my lap, "Like you and I, I guess... Strange. Why am I so emotional right now? Why do I even think about that girl? It's not like me. It's not what they taught me. Attachments and love was only for children after all."

I continued to pat Liho when my phone rang all of a sudden. My brows furrowed. What could he want?

"What is it, Coulson?"

"Romanoff? We got a mission for you. It's very important and could impact the whole planet if we fail. Fury wants a team to take care of it."

I bit my lip. usually it wasn't such a bad thing to help Fury but at the moment I just wanted to do jobs that make me cut the wire from my past. Also these other jobs earned me much more than the ones I do for SHIELD. Sigh. If the whole world's a stake. Maybe I should at least listen to what else Coulson had to say.

"A team? With who?"

"Stark, Rogers... you and we need you to get the big guy. We'll send you the files for more detail."

Great... This already sounded like a mess.

"What about Barton?"

"Yeah, that's the thing... He's been compromised. As I said, more information will be in the files."

I immediately stopped patting Liho. oh now I had no choice. I had to save my friend.

"Alright, count me in!"

🔥

Wind blew through my short hair as I cowered on top of a buildings roof watching whatever happens down there in New York's streets. Meeting Black Widow kind of inspired me. She was just so cool and awesome but especially very skilled in what she does. I wanted to use my skills to help others. I wanted to practice and get better and better. Like she said practice is key.

I mean I already did help people occasionally. When I noticed they needed help. But in the last couple of days I was actively searching for opportunities. I got fired at McBobby's anyways so I got the time to do that. Boss found the tip in my work clothes... The money Black Widow put in there. I forgot to take it out. Sigh...

Everything seemed to be quiet and normal at the moment but then... BOOM!

My body shook for a second by the sudden noise. Sounded like something crashed into something else!

I turned around and let my gaze wander through the streets.

There! In the distance!

Using my air abilities I jumped to the next building below me and from there to the next one until I reached the ground.

Three men completely in black were about to rob a jewelry store. The loud boom came from their van crashing through the shop windows.

"Hey! Stop there!" I shouted at them while picking up speed running closer to them.